All reviews swiss chalet south keys ottawa airport shoppers drug mart stove top full size fridge guest services studio suite front desk staff underground parking yogurt hot tub waffle maker home away from home breakfast staff exercise room free breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

I was recently in Ottawa for a family member in the hospital. I needed somewhere close to stay, and the Residence Inn was a fantastic place to be my home away from home. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, and they were equipped with cooking facilities so I did not have to eat out all of the time.

But what made my stay remarkable was the customer service from the entire staff, but particularly the office administration. I was not sure from one day to the next whether I would be headed home or if I needed to stay another night. They were very helpful finding me a room and accommodating of my uncertain situation. Also, they knew me by name after the first day, and asked about my family member's progress. Their kindness helped me during the difficult time.

I will not hesitate to stay at the Residence Inn Ottawa Airport whenever my travels take me back, hopefully in better circumstances.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Hello Nomad3749A,

Thank you for writing us your honest review! We are sorry that you joined us under unfortunate circumstances, but pleased to hear that we were able to help through this difficult time.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Check-in was smooth and fast and our Double Queen room on first appearances, was clean and well appointed. Complimentary parking is a plus

The evening social mix is barely edible and to be avoided.
Soggy limp veggies, thin sliced cold andouille sausages and processed pre packaged sliced cheese complimented with bottled water makes this the most repugnant & disgraceful Marriott RI social mix we had experienced in many years if ever – Either this hotel property cheap’s out on snacks or Marriott quality standards are slipping.

Morning breakfast consists of the previous nights warmed up andouille sausages, eggs and some sort of warmed up deep fried unappetizing vegetable mix along with the usual continental fare which is complimented by advertised “real orange juice” which in actual fact consisted of 90% water and a thin lime orange colouring……

In the room the stained couch consisted of an aroma of dog and stunk of dog turd.

In all probability the couch stains were animal related – simply disgusting. With the hotel being sold out and our options limited, we chose to suck it up and just avoided using the couch for the entire stay.

We did note many guests with dogs – apparently the hotel does not have dog designated rooms and does not sanitize the rooms from previous dog friendly guests.

As platinum guests we had complimentary access to the hotels fastest high speed internet ($4.95 per day) which if paid for would be a total waste of money as it was slow as molasses most of the time. Add in the fact that many TV channels were not in service due to a hotel dispute with the cable provider meaning all CTV channels could not be watched period, limiting one’s entertainment value!

There are better value properties for Marriott and Hilton Platinum members close by – we will most certainly avail ourselves of them next time.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GuestServicesOttawa, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear andykarla,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I am very disappointed to hear your stay with us didn’t meet or exceed your expectations. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

Please feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Residence Inn Ottawa Airport.

Roger Amara
Front Office Manager
(613)523-9600

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Great location great staff amazingly friendly and very helpfull. We have been staying there for years. Very quiet hotel with a gym and a pool. If you have to choose a hotel to stay for a few days this place is perfect because of the kitchenette equiped with a fridge and stove top. Free parking and 10 minuts away from downtown Ottawa.

Date of stay: May 2019
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Dear Boca61,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and choose to keep returning. We thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

I continue to choose this hotel as my preferred place to stay while in Ottawa. I find the amenities are great. There is a well equip gym, pool, and the complimentary breakfast each morning is excellent. The rooms (or suites) are spacious with comfortable beds and full kitchens. The front desk guest services person Baldeep Soodan was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was an excellent experience.

Room tip: There is not a bad room in the entire hotel, they are all good. I've stayed here multiple times.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear J G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed using our amenities such as the gym, pool, and breakfast! I will make sure to pass your compliments on to Baldeep, who is a key member of our team.

Reviewed May 31, 2019

We had to search quickly for a location to stay while our home was being repaired. We look around at different sites and then went to the Residence Inn. We explained the situation and time that we might have to stay. The Residence Inn was very accommodating. They showed us various rooms and facilities. We stay there for many months and were very comfortable. They have complimentary breakfast and an evening snack Mon to Wed. The staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive to our needs. The rooms were cleaned every day and the cleaning staff always provide us with happy greetings. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants, drug stores, bus transit, grocery store, and shopping. They have a social room to use for various events such as birthday parties, various family events or sporting events. My family and I would highly recommend this location for anyone to stay for a day, long term or for business purposes. Great job Residence Inn Staff !

Room tip: There are many options ask the Concierge to show you rooms to make it easier to decide.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear FGBUTT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly enjoyed having yourself and your family stay with us, and enjoyed celebrating birthdays, graduations, and special moments over the past six months.

We hope that you drop by every now and then to visit with the team!