“Fantastic Service!”

Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I recently got back from a business trip in Ottawa (beautiful city, by the way - it was my first time there). Since most of my meetings were around the airport area, I booked a room at the Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa Airport. The bottom line was that I was very impressive with the service, the cleanliness and the value the hotel offered.

This deserves a paragraph by itself: I just wanted to say thank you to Jocelyn (? - I may have gotten her name wrong but she was working as the evening front desk clerk on June 19, 2014). She was very friendly and offered to help without me asking (shuttle, directions, sightseeing, etc.). I'm not sure who the general manager of the hotel is but she deserves recognition for going above and beyond.

Now, on to the review! Here is my assessment:

Positives:
+ As you probably have guessed by now, the service was on par or better than many five-star luxury hotels I've stayed at.
+ The value is unparalleled. My room was actually a small apartment with a full kitchen, vanity in the bathroom, and sitting area with a sectional (see my pictures).
+ A nice touch were the Paul Mitchell toiletries which was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect so I brought my own shampoo and conditioner. I ended up using the Paul Mitchell toiletries instead.
+ Call me cheap (I prefer frugal) but I like hotels that include wifi. The wifi was fast and free ... I couldn't have asked for anything more.
+ Another nice touch was the free breakfast. To boot, there was a wide selection too: bacon, eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, etc. etc.

Negatives:
- I don't really have anything bad to say about this hotel. If I had to nit pick, it could probably use some more weight machines in the gym.

Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel ... two thumbs up from me.

AHK403YYC

Room Tip: Call ahead to the hotel to arrange a shuttle. It'll save you a ~$15 taxi ride.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GuestServicesOttawa, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear AHK403

It is a real pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us . Thank you very much for writting a comment about our hotel highlighting our helpful staff,.
Hope to have you again in the near future
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights while touring canada. Very nice hotel, friendly staff, brilliant accomodation with very nice kitchen, dining & living area. Separate bathroom and bedroom.

The only fault ti have with this hotel is the dining area is at the reception area. Breakfast was a good selection of breads, cakes, fruit, yogurts & cooked section.

This hotel does not have a bar area, but has coffee facilities which are complimentary at reception area.

Didn't use the leisure facilities but had a sneak peak at them, pool was quite small.

I would stay at this hotel again ani would recommend for others to try.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for work. The room was spacious (a suite with king bed, separate bathroom, kitchen and sitting room, very reasonably priced, and well located not far from the airport. The facility was quite new, very clean and the service was friendly and helpful. A hot breakfast is served off the lobby. There is above- and underground parking for cars, and a pool, as well as a business centre with computers and a printer.

Really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joanie C
kinardine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to ottawa jun 2014 to attend my sons commencement. We ended up staying an extra night. This is a brand new marriott on walkley and bank. This hotel was really great, the location, free breakfast weekday snacks at dinnertime were complmenting a great sized well decorated room. It has a pool inside and exercise room. The kitchen in our room added to the appeal. We were close to everything including carelton university. Well done marriott adding another great hotel to ottawa.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, the beds are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ladybug2189
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel appears to be quite new. It has a very bright and cheery color scheme. Our suite was quite spacious. The bed was so comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rate was quite reasonable. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is new, 2 years old I think. Welcoming at reception was good. Rooms are spacious, with a bathroom, bedroom, wash area, and a living/ dining/ kitchen area. Breakfast was good, plenty of choices but only scrambled egg, sausage patty (burger) and potato wedges if you like cooked. Bagels, yoghurts, toast, cereals, muffins etc all available and all good quality.
Hotel is about a 15min drive from the city centre, but we had a car. There are also buses stop nearby.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doddawidd69
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The suites are very bright and spacious. We had adjoining rooms between a King studio and a 2-queen suite. Having the kitchen on hand was a life saver with little kids who are hungry all the time. The beds were quite comfy. I like that the bath and toilet were separate from the sink, so people could do their grooming at the same time with some privacy.
Breakfast was great - way more than expected. The usual continental items were there along with some hot options and fresh waffles. Coffee was always available in the lobby.
The pool was very nice, but the temperature in the room was HOT! If you were not swimming, it was almost unbearable to be in the area.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and honest! We left behind an iPod in the room and it was turned in, waiting at the front desk to be picked up.
All in all, a great stay. Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family