“Excellent Rabbit”
Review of Olive & Chili

Olive & Chili
Ranked #216 of 2,982 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza, Danish, International, Canadian, Fast Food
Description: Located at 51 York street, Olive & Chili offers authentic flavours and a unique 100% Gluten-Free experience. This bakery-pastry shop, offers delectable French pastries and bread loaves made on the premises. In addition, a rotating selection of hot items, soup, salads and sandwiches is available for eat-in or take away. With notice, lunch boxes are offered to complement your outdoor activities. Patio and bicycle racks available. Handicapped Accessible. Olive & Chili is a sister company to Le Moulin de Provence.
Reviewed March 22, 2016

I love the take out. An excuse for a home romantic french meal without the cooking.
I regularly pick up the rabbit when it is available as they change the menu regularly.
The ratatouille is our favorite too and they make it on the spicy side of the scale.
There is a great selection of desserts also.
I find it to be very convenient for a take home offering something great and classy, a change and more mature than the same old same old pizza burger and deep fried anything that the Ottawa Byward market seems to offer.
Bon appetit.
BTW... really like the staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Since my first review of Olive and Chili, almost two years have past and anything could have changed! I have recently gone back to visit the place twice and I have met the owner today.

In my previous review, I had written that the place was great for people without allergies or without any gluten issues, but that the staff had to get serious about really getting their act straight about gluten intolerance.

Well, things have changed and now, the owner has transformed the place into a 100% gluten free pastry shop and bistro style salad bar luncheon place.

This bistro style pastry shop is great for lunch time and to have a great gluten free pastry treat. Today, I had the Pecan bar with a coffee and it was great, considering that creating perfect gluten free pastry is an art that few master. I can sincerly say that the pastry chef at Olive&Chili is truly a master in this regard! It is a must if you are without gluten and just want to treat yourself!

So...That being said... Let's say that Olive&Chili did a fantastic reform and that it is worth stopping here!

1  Thank Benos51
Reviewed February 11, 2016

I am a person with a wheat allergy and I frequent Olive and Chili on a weekly basis. Their food is always delicious and they are always coming up with new things. A great place to eat whether you are gluten free or not:)

Reviewed January 24, 2016

I had been to this restaurant in August and I was so amazed that everything was gluten free. I hadn't had a croissant in 7 years and it was the most delicious thing I have eaten in a long time. So I decided to return to Canada for the snow and I made sure to fly into Ottawa so I could go by the market and get some more delicious pastries. They didn't disappoint. One day I will get past the entrance where the pastries are to try their other items. Yes I will be returning and yes I loaded up a box full to bring back to the states with me. If you are gluten free and you are missing croissants and pastries this is the place to go!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2016

I wrote a review a few months ago and gave the place high marks. I returned with friends and it was nothing short of embarrassing. The place wasn't open at 9am although advertised it was; the staff finally was attracted by continued knocking on the window and opened up, unapologetically. Wished it hadn't bothered at all. Ordered eggs, but no sausage and nothing but white bread sliced wafer thin and about the size of a loony. Eggs were fine but the potatoes, and ham replacement for no sausage, were clearly left over from a day or two and were terrible. The service didn't include cutlery until we asked. The staff was almost unfriendly.They even got two of the three orders wrong (and there were only three orders at the time, no one else in the restaurant). The lattes were, however, excellent. The staff seemed entirely different from when we were last there. No offer for a discount on paying the bill (no tip) for the screw ups and the lack of having available what was on the menu (I mean no bagels or sausage at a breakfast place for goodness sakes!). Sorry to say will not return again.

1  Thank Jon S