“DO IT....AMAZING GELATO” 5 of 5 bubbles

Patisserie Cake Moderne
Ranked #39 of 43 Bakeries in Ottawa
“DO IT....AMAZING GELATO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I simply loved the gelato and the pastries. Ingredients are quality, real butter cream used for icing amongst other things. Price was very Impressive and more than fair.
I agree the place could be a bit more modern but all in all you can't judge a book by it's cover.
We are getting married in the summer so I asked for some pics of previous cakes they've done and was also very pleased.
Fab and definitely recommended in my books!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa, Canada
“Simply Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was pleased to know they were open until 5pm on a Sunday, great a nice place to take my family to for a rainy Sunday.

We found it easily and while the place is bright the decoration is sparse and not inviting, the layout functional but does nothing for the product. The temperature was freezing but when we asked to turn it up a bit the waitress ignored us (we were the only customers).

We ordered our food and were served on paper plates, with plastic cutlery and in Styrofoam cups even though we said it's for here and even though they had china mugs sitting on the espresso machine!

Then the waitress said I could not have a Hazelnut Latte as they did not make them (even thought the syrup was standing on the counter and it's on the menu), after some time she admitted she did not know how to make it, so I showed her how and got my drink!

We asked for milt and were pointed to creamers that were sitting on an ice pack!

The pastries are ok at best, the opera tort tasted like if it had a oily, waxy chocolate cover my almond torte was so so, too much crust but otherwise nice.

And the final straw was when we went to pay we were informed they dont take credit cards even though they have a machine so after scrambling for cash we left very unimpressed. I would simply NOT recommend this place, but I have to be fair it was very inexpensive.

• Visited July 2013