“As close as your going to get to a chipotle restaurant in Ottawa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burrito Gringo

Burrito Gringo
Ranked #431 of 2,710 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ottawa residents now have an authentic gourmet Burrito shop they can call their own. Come to Burrito gringo and smell, see and taste the difference of fresh and homemade cooked food; all prepared from scratch in our own kitchen. Our motto is simple; Slow Homemade Food... Fast. Where it takes us a whole lot of time to prepare the food, but then we are able to serve it and customize it the way you like it in a short time. Preparation. Preparation. Preparation. We are up with the sun, dicing cilantro, chopping tomatoes, juicing limes, scooping out avocados, simmering beans, seasoning meats, blending salsas, baking desserts, braising beef and pork, and grilling steak and chicken to perfection. Almost all of the food we serve is made in-house from scratch and by hand. We use the freshest and finest ingredients to make our food; with no processed ingredients, additives or preservatives. We have no freezer or microwave in our restaurant. Our beans are slow cooked and never come out of a can. Even our cookies, we make them with real butter. We choose to juice fresh lemons and limes, not because it's easy, but because we know we can all tell the difference. We are not part of a big chain; we are family owned and local to Ottawa. We are dedicated to serving the freshest and tastiest food. We purchase all of our food and supplies from Ottawa based businesses. We hope you will come and visit us soon.
Houston, Texas
“As close as your going to get to a chipotle restaurant in Ottawa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Pleasant surprise here. I am a big fan of "chipotle" south of the border, the closest one being in Watertown, NY. I've tried this place twice to make sure...and I can confirm that it is worth a visit. Student alert! This is a great place to stretch 7 loonies and get enough food to make it for a couple of days. Pork, chicken and steak are all good. Tacos are a little pricey but have excellent flavour, especially with the pulled pork. Hungry, then stick with the burrito. Atmosphere is good with the Cuban music a going. Service is non existent after you leave the service line but that is to be expected as it's the younger crowd serving. All in all, possibly one of the best bang for your buck places in Ottawa right now. Food is honest, good and cheap. We'll done Gringo!

• Visited May 2014

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Incredibly Delicious Delights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The lady and I have been going to Burrito Gringo since they opened and have never had a bad experience. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is hot, fresh and right to order and the amount you get for price is unbelievable.

They start you off with what you want. Burritos, tacos, quesadillas and the bread. Healthy whole wheat or white. Veggies are sauteed and the rice is fluffy. Check the selection on meats. The pulled pork and chicken are amazing. The variety in ingredients is wonderful and their hot salsa is quite the sinus clearer.

Their cookies, home made and sprinkled with coconut are a wonderful end to the meal and we have left feeling content, full and happy with each meal we go there for. Writing this I think we'll head over now.

"Honey! Burritos?"
"My treat!"

• Visited December 2013
Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you enjoy Chipotle Mexican Grill in the US,you will probably enjoy this place.We have been eating here about once every couple of weeks since we discovered it this summer.Everything is freshly made onsite---you can see the chicken and steak on the grill cooking.The burritos ,whether in a wrap or a "bowl' are truly delicious and huge.Really great value.They seem to have a turnover of staff and service can be slow.They try but don't really appear all that friendly or happy with their jobs.However if you like Mexican food,this is definitely worth a try.

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

As soon as I entered this place, I thought I was in a Mucho Burrito. The menu and the concept is exactly the same. You choose your dish, then pick your meat and toppings. What this place did not have was the friendly service at Mucho. I had the burrito with pork. At Mucho staff ask you if there is certain toppings you want and you answer them in a yes or no. Here you had to look behind the counter, see what toppings they had and tell them what you wanted. In some cases, I was not sure what some of the toppings were as they were all mixed in each other. The staff also were unfriendly and made little eye contact. I asked for a spicy salsa and they gave me the mildest one. No one even asked if I wanted the burrito sauce. The portion was huge but the burrito was not as flavourful. I think that sauce would have made the difference. The place is also not that clean especially behind the counter. I think I will stick to Mucho Burrito for the future.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Filmi B
Ontario
“Better than Mucho Burrito”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We go here maybe once a month since it opened. They do a really good job making their burritos and salads and do not skimp on toppings.

Service is o-k .... they are a bit unprofessional when they deal with each other. Once we were there and the employees were swearing and having some kind of heated discussion about a supplier who was waiting to get paid... seemed like a bit of a mess.

Nonetheless - the food is good, portions are generous, they use real chicken breast, hot sauces are great.

• Visited July 2013