“High prices for so little”

The Savoy Brasserie
Ranked #384 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: French, Bar, Canadian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa
“High prices for so little”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went for brunch. My husband had eggs Benedict ($15) and a coffee ($3). I had the club sandwich ($15). The eggs Benedict came by themselves on a plate - no potatoes or anything! Coffee was extra... So for $18 my husband ate 2 eggs, 1 English muffin, 2 slices of ham with some sauce and a cup of coffee?! Really over priced. My sandwich was good, not great. We will not return and do not recommend this restaurant at all. Many more trendy places with much better food / value in the area... Go try somewhere else.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank beeker_xox

Montreal, Canada
“Savoy Sadness”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

With a classy name like "Savoy" you'd expect classy food and classy service. Well, one out of two is not good enough for me - the service was warm and friendly - thanks for that. BUT the food was LOUSY - I mean common folks, live up to your promise and your name. You went thru the trouble of calling yourself the "Savoy Brasserie" - your prices are ridiculously high - yet your food is no better than a Joe's Diner in the ghetto part of Ottawa.

I ordered a simple "Club" sandwich - $15 - the lettuce was limp, old, leftover variety, the tomato was injured in a previous accident and thrown into the sandwich - and the chicken was so tough, I would have preferred to chew on my sleeve. Disgusting for a 'savoy' or any other name for that matter.

I just don't get it - why do people who run these restaurants allow disgusting quality like that sit on a person's table - they should be ashamed of themselves - and know that we will never go back and never recommend this 'diner' even to our enemies.

By the way - if you want a great salad with warm chicken and fresh, crisp lettuce - go to Wendy's and order the Apple Pecan salad - $4.99 includes fresh green and red apples, cranberries, and incredible blue cheese. The name is not 'savoy' but the food is so much better than the joint in Westboro.

Sorry, but I tell it like it is.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank George K
Ottawa, Canada
“2.5 / 5: walk - don't run - or maybe find somewhere else”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nothing special. Both the food and the value weren't all that good but weren't awful. The server who brought the food didn't know who ordered what (it happens) or what one of the dishes was (really??). We had coq-au-vin and bouillabaisse (server said it was the mussels) and a beer each - it was over $80, and it was okay but wasn't great.
We really wanted to like this newish place, but it was just okay. There are better food, better service, better value options around.

• Visited September 2013
“Where's the beef?”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

we ate there this past week. My salad nicotine was good, but the beef bourginion over wide noodles had inadequate amounts of beef. Pleasant atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Good food but pricy for breakie”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Decided to try this place for breakfast with friends. Though the food was good, we found the coffee a bit bitter, and the service was on the slow side even if the place was not busy. I believe in giving second chances but found it expensive for was we ordered. Don't think we'll be back.

• Visited August 2013