“Cold Service and Medium Food!”
Review of Indian Express

Indian Express
Ranked #1,967 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I like the tali lunch set where you get to pick from a list of options. includes nann, pickles and dessert piece. They also sell indian desserts by piece. I ordered a mango lassi that was delicious. Food was ok but the environment is a little sad. I heard them refuse to give a glass of water to someone today. Just said there are bottles. Really? I luv places that have a pitcher of water for people to help themselves to.

3  Thank TravelCyborg

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If adequate food is OK for you, then read no further. If it's enough that the washrooms are sparkling clean, then read no further. If an entirely forgettable experience is on your dance card, then read no further. The name may say "express", but the restaurant is a sit down dining room and there is table service. The service is definitely "express" but some standards are required - otherwise give me a cafeteria line and a cafeteria lady with a cigarette hanging from her mouth saying in a gritty voice "enjoy your rhogan josh".

Imagine a TV dinner or airline dinner tray - with six compartments. That's what your dinner is served on. Zero elegance and not of a standard that would allow me to call it kitschy. Service? A welcome at the door - and that's it! Not a shred of friendliness throughout dinner. I don't expect "how are you, thanks for coming, my name is XYZ and how can I make this a wonderful experience for you" or some such nausea, but how about a "how was dinner?" or "thank you for coming?".

There seem to be at least two menus. An Express menu, which we received, and a full dinner menu, which we didn't. Food was adequate. "Express" quality. Naan tasted as though it was straight from a plastic bag. The rest was pedestrian fare, by which I mean the quality, not the selection. All the usual suspects: butter chicken, paneers, beef curry, daal...

We were four of us, neatly attired. There were no "problems". So I'm just left so disappointed. So many other better places to go.

5  Thank IaOrana_Maruuruu