“Best poutine in Ottawa”

Fritomania
Ranked #195 of 3,231 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Fritomania cooks their fries in peanut oil which gives them a different taste. The poutine is fantastic and the service is exceptional. My only regret is that they are closed from mid December until mid March.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 11, 2018

Our family consists of poutine connoisseurs! We have had poutine Crome different places and done blind taste tests on two occasions. Fritomania always comes out on top. They are generous with the curds (will layer them in with the fries if you ask) and their poutine is Oh So delicious! I can not vouch for anything else other than their poutine, as that is all I ever order! Yum!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

One of the best chip stands. Their pogo and hot dog are great. The poutine is one of the best that I ever had, the grave is what makes the poutine. I've had the poutine from the cheese factory in St Albert, it was terrible. My wife, son, and grand daughter did not like the grave.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018

The owners are so friendly, the fries are hand cut and I crave the poutine weekly. Sadly they will be closing for the winter soon and I will be without until spring.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Today I want d chip wagon fries and a hot dog while I was in Orleans and this chip wagon had been here a very long time and it was great when I lived around here.
But as always things do change, the hotdog was just average but presented well in a small cardboard holder on top of the standard paper one... but the fries were soft and mushy and not close to the crispy fries one normally gets at a chip wagon and I did not even put vinegar on it.
I was very disappointed in my visit even more so we that I am on a diet and was willing to cheat a bit for chip wagon fries.
They need to watch out as this encourages competition and they would lose out.
I won’t be back here!