“Great food,wine,and service, to bright” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indulge - CLOSED

Indulge
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Indulge is focused on creating dishes of superb quality in the suburbs of Ottawa. Catering to everyone from families to couples, we strive to impress regardless if you are indulging with a great glass of wine and dinner, or simply looking for a great place to take the kids on a weeknight. Vegetarians and vegans are not only welcome, but encouraged to dine here as well.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great food,wine,and service, to bright”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my fiancé live in barrhaven and have recently been looking for romantic nights out close by... Have tried everything in barrhaven and weren't satisfied.
Since the bridge has been built, riverside south is much closer, so we gave this place a try..

Everything is excellent at this place, the server knew all about wine, his recommendations were great and the service was great
We started with some bread infused with strawberry butter (free) which was delicious.
We then had the cheese and meat platter with a bottle of red wine, the pairing was awesome and the price for the wine was fair, again- delicious

We then ordered the tacos- the tacos were good, not amazing like everything else though,
The pork Tacos were too saucy, and the crispy fish tacos weren't too crispy,
Again they were good, but not amazing like el camino downtown...
I would suggest serving with fresh sides as well and less sauce.

We then had a shared dessert on the house that was amazing

What I would change about this place is how bright it was at 6 pm..
I feel like people going there at 6 pm on a Friday night are looking for a intimate evening out,
And would enjoy the ambiance a lot more if the sun wasn't glaring in their eyes,
I would put blinds on the windows and let their beautiful lights glow up the place.i feel like they would be busier earlier if they did this.

Oh ya, they also have beaus on tap- awesome...

Will definitely go back.. But later when it's dark,
And won't order the tacos

Excited to find this downtown quality restaurant so close to home

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Josh L

Ottawa
“I don't understand the hype...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had been wanting to go here as I heard they had an award winning chef. Also heard mixed reviews from friends in the neighborhood. Went here on a Friday evening and the place was very nice inside but the other reviewer was right, the kitchen staff were very noisy, chatting and shouting orders to eachother. When the place is not full, the chatter is really loud. Not a good thing when you are out trying to have a pleasant dinner. The food was OK, I wouldn't say it was anything to rave about. We had the steak frittes, the calamari and bruschetta. Serving staff were very nice and very attentive, but I just don't get the hype of the place - I feel it was a bit of a let down. Sorry, but wouldn't go there again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nicole H
Port Moody, Canada
“A delicious surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Indulge Kitchen is tucked on the far side of Ottawa's Airport in a brand new strip mall out in the countryside. I wondered why my husband had brought me to this most unlikely spot for a good lunch!!
This resto knocked us sideways because it was so excellent and so reasonably priced. Its modern decor has clean lines that welcome, and the servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is varied, modern, and has something for everyone. The wine list is surprising — not huge but from all over the Old and New World.
I chose the Butternut Squash Agnolotti with Arugula; my husband had the brie and onion sandwich on sourdough with French fries and coriander aoli.
Neither were expensive, but both were scrumptious.
The angolotti was in a maple brandy cream sauce, that was not too sweet — I could just recognize the maple syrup. The pasta was al dente, the sauce made me want to lick the plate (!), and the roasted carrots were perfectly cooked. The coriander aoli for my hubby's fries was addictive — salmon-pink and piquante, but not overly spicey.

Though we didn't try the bar menu, it includes tapas, and cheese and charcuterie plates. If the dishes are as good as our lunch was, they will be spectacular.

Prices are amazingly reasonable for such good eats. Highly recommended!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PhotosbyPharos
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I and my three girlfriends had dinner one evening at Indulge. We were there before six and were able to take advantage of happy hour cocktails. Even though the ingredients for mine were not totally available, the end result was delicious. Our dinner was fantastic. One of the girls had fish and chips with salmon and I had the pork belly with scallops. Amazing. Even though we were quite satisfied with our main meal we simply had to try dessert and we were not disappointed. Just to add to our evening we had a wonderful server.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Heather B
ottawa canada
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was my first time there. Was a little concerned with the mixed reviews. It was actually very good. The staff was professional, well versed in the menu and wine. We had the pork tacos and rice wrap for appetizers, very well done. Shared the Duck signature dish for dinner. The duck was excellent, everything that it was talked about.

Overall a good experience. Will go back for sure.

• Visited April 2014