“Very good and friendly place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #979 of 2,765 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, East Ottawa's best casual dining restaurant near Empire Theatre. Featuring a family-friendly food menu, drink features and patio. Open late.
“Very good and friendly place”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Very good menu, a bit pricy but very tasty, original menu. We had chicken, Thai style, that you wrap yourself with lettuce, chicken chipotle, and BBQ ribs, all very good, with a friendly service and nice atmosphere. Would strongly recommend. Double mojitos are good too.

Visited July 2014

“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Based on our first visit there and an enjoyable one at that, we decided to return again. Our meals were the 'haddock' dish and the New York steak. Although the steak was cooked as requested, it lacked the exterior charcoal flavour and was somewhat dry. Served warm rather than hot did not help. The haddock dish was primarily a large serving of rice with a small piece of fish sitting on top. They offered a few choices for the second side dish and that was good. The server was pleasant and we did not want to express our disappointment with her. Considering the price of the meals, it was only so-so.

• Visited April 2014
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had a nice outing with my husband at the Moxie's in Orleans. I had the chipotle mango chicken, which was very good. The chicken was juicy and tender, and it was served with roasted brussels sprouts, very tasty! My husband ordered the top sirloin with lobster butter, which didn't turn out to be his favourite thing (mostly because it ended up being too rare for his tastes) but still good. We'll go again.

• Visited December 2013
St. John's, Canada
“Three meals here over the past two months, all excellent!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had lunch here in November, dinner with my husband in December, and dinner with our neighbors last night. I think this has to be the best restaurant in the Orleans area of Ottawa. Our meals were excellent- in my visits, I've had the braised short rib stuffed burger, penne toscana, and top sirloin with prawn lobster butter. All were delicious. For starters, both the nachos and the brushetta are delicious. The chocolate cake is divine- be prepared to share it with your table mates. My dining companions also had other steaks and the salmon- good ratings all around!! This restaurant was a real surprise and I look forward to having more meals here.

• Visited January 2014
“Great Afternoon Out”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

After a successful meeting a group of us had a late lunch. Very clean modern facilities discrete professional wait staff and very reasonably priced food. I would imagine this place crowds out later in the day

Would return again based on my experience

Visited December 2013

Been to Moxie's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!