“Great service& wonderful food”
Review of Fare Blend - CLOSED

Fare Blend
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Rue O'Connor and Bank St.
Transit: Bus stops within 500 yards. Bus Terminal Station is within 1 mile from Destination Restaurant.
Description: Free Parking Is Available To Dining Guests & Friends Of Fare Blend Only. Fare Blend Will Open On Monday And Sunday (off Days)for Groups With 6 Or More Guests, By Special Arrangements With Special Menu, And For Special Occasions. Kindly Call For Reservation.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great service& wonderful food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went to a retirement party& being the first time a was a bit apprehensive as I was under the impression it was spicy menu.It was great food with just a hint of spice& the service was excellent.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Murphlemaire

Ottawa, Canada
“Fare Blend Elegant and Delightful”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I went to Fare Blend with some friends last week for the first time. This Restaurant is very Elegant ,original and the experience as quite delightful. I started of with some plantains and honey beans, "amazing"! My main course was goat meat served with coconut rice , " to die for"!! To finish i had some antis mousse, "so refreshing and light"!!! Overall amazing taste, excellent service, and a relaxed environment. The background music is so classy and unique. I had never heard music so clean and sweet, before stepping into Fare Blend. I strongly recommend Fare Blend to those who appreciate style, cleanliness and refinement.

• Visited July 2014
“Amazingly Delightful‏”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A friend recommended Fare Blend for our Friday wind down and I sure am glad they did. My best friend is vegetarian and it’s hard to find a place that pleases him. No worries here. He was blown away with how tasty the food was! I couldn’t resist to take up the Chef’s offer of a special hot sauce that‘s served with the plantains and beans. It’s the best I’ve ever had. I don’t know how they do it; it’s hot but you can still taste the food. For my main I had the fish. I can’t remember when I had such a moist fish that just melts in your mouth. To top it off, we all love trying different beers. I was impressed because each of us found a beer they had never tried before.

Everyone is still talking about the food and the groovy tunes playing in the background. I catch myself humming one song in particular every morning when I wake up. Thanks Fare Blend for making us feel so welcome. It’s like coming home!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Marvin N
191SandraS913, General Manager at Fare Blend, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest.
We once again thank you and your friends for dinning at FARE BLEND. We are so delighted to know you appreciate our offerings, and that you "dig" our style. Looking forward to serving you once again in the near future, until then....Stay Blessed, Live & Enjoy Life.

One Love.
Ottawa, Canada
“UNFORGETABLE TASTE OF AFRICA FOOD”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

SURPRISE DISCOVERY OF AFRICAN FOODS AT ITS BEST I have been a Professional Musician for the last 47 years, and I have travelled the world with my Band. Meaning also that I have had to eat at many Restaurants across the globe. But I got a surprise on the 28th of April 2014, when a dear friend took me to Fare Brand where I had the very best Pounded Yam outside Africa with a delicious Vegetable Soup crowned with lovely tasty fish.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Babadudu2014
“Caribbean Hospitality”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Magnificent classy venue in an old home lovingly restored.Small menu choice - I need some variety. Be sure to also request the a la carte because coffee/dessert = $15. Bean appetizer & beef cut [stewed] & small boneless chicken breast aren't worth the upgrade to $79-$89 Table D'Hote. Service was gracious but slow = 4 hr meal. I also didn't appreciate the overly personal of engaging me in conversation using my name repeatedly during the evening.A unique formal but relaxing experience.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Norm W
191SandraS913, Manager at Fare Blend, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Diner.
We thank you for visiting us at FARE BLEND. As it shows from your review, our style of Fine dining does not fit with what you are accustomed to. That is okay, because FARE BLEND will not be for everyone. I need to mention that your review is not accurate, and seems somewhat biased. The 4 hours you mentioned entails a group of 8 people, 5 of whom had a 5-6 course table d'hote menu, and that you spent the first 45 + minutes waiting for the rest of your party to arrive, and the next 30 + minutes trying to decide on what you were going to have, even on a "Small Menu". We have a limited menu because we are a fine dining establishment focusing on limited menu prepared with love, patience and care.
As you also mentioned, we have a gracious service, but slow. We take time to be gracious.You also described FARE BLEND as being "A unique formal but relaxing experience." In conclusion, we deduce that your only complaints were the pricing coupled with the fact that you were being engaged in conversation by your servers. Sorry, but we cannot provide exceptional and gracious service without knowing your likes and dislikes, and we cannot explain our unique and not so common menu without engaging our valued guests. Please note that we address our guest by how they introduce themselves, and our pricing is more than reasonable for our offerings. Once again, thank you for visiting FARE BLEND and we wish you all the best life has to offer.

Enjoy and Live Life...Always