“This is a must”

Supply and Demand Foods & Raw Bar
Ranked #48 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canada
“This is a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Best meal i have had in a really long time! Tried the tuna, kale salad and oysters- all amazing! The tuna melted in your mouth! I'm from the east coast of Canada and these were some of the best oysters i've ever eaten. The atmosphere is super fun and the drinks are great. Well done Ottawa! If you visit Ottawa make this a must stop! (be sure to make a reservation)

• Visited July 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“"Inspired Dishes" Inspire us to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

When we called this restaurant to make a reservation they were fully booked, however they promised to call back if they had a cancellation - which they did! Usually that "call back" doesn't happen in a busy restaurant. The menu is limited but creatively composed, we shared everything we ordered and enjoyed everything immensely. The wine list was quite good as well. The atmosphere is a little noisy - think French brasserie / bistro style - but the service was attentive and personable. Air Canada's enRoute magazine has nominated Supply and Demand as one of Canada's Best New Restaurants of 2013! We agree!

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa
“very good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had our anniversay dinner here last night and were very impressed with the food and service. Justin our waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. The only complaint we would have is that my husband found his meal to be a bit too salty. . We would return.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious food experience....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've had 2 visits recently to this restaurant. Once just my partner and I based on a recommendation from a fiend. We enjoyed the food so much we brought family and friends for my nephews birthday and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Excellent service and great food... a tad warm on a July evening but the food makes up for it.

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, ON
“Great first stop on a 3 restaurant food crawl on Wellington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have visited the restaurant before for appetizer, dessert and drinks at the bar.

This was the first stop on a 3 restaurant food crawl on Wellington I organized mid-July for a group on 9 foodies.

Reservation was made with one of the co-owners Jen week before for 10-12 people. Due to injury and other drop out, we were down to 9 people but no issue to adjust the number that afternoon.

We were given a nice table at the banquette with a view of the kitchen where chef/owner Steve Walls and his team are working away.

We ordered most of the appetizer / small plate menu with several tuna crudo, a scallop crudo, a lobster tarte, some kale salad, mushroom, etc.

I had the albacore tuna crudo and it was as good as when I had it last. The puffed rice and the cilantro sprouts adds contract in texture and a little bit of truffle oil for flavour if. I think the smoked salt I bought recently would go well with this too.

I had a taste of the scallop crudo and it was light and fresh and very tasty. Miles better than the scallop ceviche I had at a fusion restaurant in town a month ago.

The mushroom (king and oyster I think) dish was decent but does not stand out. I asked for the cheese that went with it to be plated separately so both can be passed around and sampled and the cheese was nice one that is similar to a buffalo mozzarella.

Two people raved about the kale salad and cleaned their plate. Did not try any since I had made a kale salad for a BBQ 2 days before so was a bit kaled lol.

Service was excellent. Attentive but brisk. Beer and wines around the table and I had the pink fuzz by Beyond the Pale again and it was excellent and goes well with the tuna.

• Visited July 2013