“Best $10 lunch by far”

The Zydeco Smokehouse
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited The Zydeco today for lunch. I have to admit that this was not my first time, nor will it be my last but I just had to tell you about the lunch special today. The Zydeco has a small menu with a special for each day of the week and the pitkmaster's special lunch of the day guaranteed to run out if you don't get there fast. Today was ribs with a side of their homemade baked beans and coleslaw. I'm a bit of a picky rib eater but I have to say that these were FANTASTIC. Perfect texture with a rub so tasty that I hardly used the sauce that came with it (although that was very tasty too). The baked beans are uniquely savoury - porky, tomatoey and sweet. And the coleslaw was a nice, simple, oil and vinegar slaw and I noticed today there were bits of apple in it. Nice touch. The meal comes with a pop or bottle of water for 10 bucks tax included. It's rare to find something so good for so little.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Super value, friendly staff.

I like that the menu is small so you know the food is fresh.

Only complaint is about the slaw, needed more vinegar in my opinion. But everything else was awesome!

Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a must-visit restaurant.
Walking down Preston Street we were wooed by the smell of delicious meats being smoked to perfection.
Upon entering the establishment deciding what to try will be your biggest challenge! EVERYTHING is amazing..from the freshly smoked pulled pork, smoked chicken, smoked sausage,all served on fresh buns or if you select the special of the day you wont be disappointed...all of the sides are homemade and delicious. The smoke master has some great skills!!
The price for a combo is under $10..... that alone is unheard of and includes a sandwich of choice , sides and a soft drink or water. We will be back for more!!!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Simply put the food is delicious. It's a welcome change for the usual lunchtime offerings in the area. The staples of pulled pork, smoked chicken, and smoked sausage can't be beat but in my opinion the coleslaw is some of the best I have EVER had. This is true southern smokehouse food prepared by a real pitmaster. The varying menu is a nice touch as well and will keep me coming back to try the latest offerings.

1  Thank Foodawa
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that Zydeco is strictly take out and all meals are under $10. The price included sandwich, Coleslaw and a choice of a side and either bottle of water or a can of pop.
The food is delicious and well prepared and the staff and owner are very friendly. Last Friday I went there with two co-workers and I had the Pulled Pork sandwich with Coleslaw and Potato Salad. One co-worker had the Pulled Pork sandwich with Coleslaw and a side of Mac & Cheese.The second Co-worker had the Pulled Chicken with Coleslaw and Potato Salad.
Each of the sandwiches were assembled as we waited and the Mac & Cheese was fresh from the cooker. We all loved our sandwiches.
Zydeco is also working on a hamburger that will be a special item from time to time and will probably be a limited number each time. I am looking forward to it.
For more information look for The Zydeco Smokehouse on Facebook