“Local and delicious”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Local and delicious”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

They say small plates, but they're not quite as small as you might think. One entree was enough for me for a late dinner. Everything is locally sourced including the outstanding local microbrews on tap. I had the burger with a foie torchon which was just delicious and my wife's fish pie was great as well. Small building with a cozy atmosphere as well. Great place, will go again.

• Visited January 2014

“Incredible meal”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went with a group of 10 for New Years Eve. The food was as a hit all around. Good portion sizes, creative, and full of taste. Service was also super, and the atmosphere/decor were chill and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place and will return for sure!

• Visited January 2014
“Outstanding ”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved it!

Sat at the bar upstairs, Rupa our bartender was ABSOLUTLY wonderful:):)
The room itself was very cozy, and we felt that even from the outside it looked very inviting.

We really enjoyed everything that we had!

Drinks made by the fabulous Rupa
-Bourbon manhattan and a plain bourbon
Food ( thank you kitchen)
-chicken wings (loooooved)
-charcuterie ( meats made in house ummmm yes please!!)
- shrimp pogo ( oh yaa)

This midnight experience was such a perfect way to end our trip to Ottawa:)
We will be back to Two Six Ate when we visit Ottawa again!!

Thanks again,
G&J from Kingston

Ottawa, Canada
“Low-key, slow-pace, great food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Really enjoyed my first visit to this tiny, tasteful restaurant on Preston. Tapas style menu, good wine list, relaxed, friendly service. Steak tartare was very good but could have used just a little more bite. Risotto excellent. Beet-filled ravioli with mushrooms delicious. Great spot for a casual, drawn-out dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Ok place: Nice to have a new place on Preston that is not Italian”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visited on a Friday evening, for two. Reservations were easy enough to get (same day) and we were seated immediately on arrival. The look of the place was interesting, good lighting, soft music and some rustic art with about 10 tables. The tables are a little bit close to one another, so personal conversations would be difficult. As well, it would have been nice to have a coat check/rack, the closeness of the tables make the long jacket situation a little annoying.
We ordered a few items off the menu including, the steak-frites, the cheese risotto and some deep-fried dumpling. The food was ok, but not overly healthy. The steak was fatty (well cooked however) and the other items, were well just deep-fried. In addition, there wasn’t any salad on the menu. They had a beat salad, but not a fresh vegetable salad. I think that would make for an easy and helpful addition. The prices are reasonable at about $10/small plate, but you will likely need to order a few of them to be satisfied. The service was good and helpful, but everything was rushed. All the servers seemed like they were out of breath or running around. It was a little distracting. As well, it took over 30 minutes to get our food. The place did not look busy (at least downstairs, they have two floors), and the server said that the food wouldn’t take long (we had asked as we had tickets to the theatre). It was a little annoying, but more likely the fault of the kitchen than the servers. A strange note, when I left with my partner, I realized that I was the only man in the place. On all the other tables, only women were seated. I would say about 15 other people. I may try this place again, but I wasn’t wowed.

• Visited February 2013