“A great addition to the food choices in the Glebe”
Review of Original Burger Joint - CLOSED

Original Burger Joint
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This small neighbourhood restaurant offers quality burgers, fresh salads and delicious fries at a reasonable price. We have eaten there twice in the past month and were very pleased with our meals on both occasions. We had the veggie burger and the beef burger, with a slight preference for the latter due to its tasty toppings. The first night we were there we were served by one of the owners who provided very friendly and efficient service. There is a reasonable choice of beer and wine, but this is more like a family-oriented restaurant than a pub. There were a number of families in the restaurant on each of the nights we were there. We highly recommend the Original Burger and plan to return again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

A large group lunch here was quite enjoyable. We shared bowls of fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries, etc., and sampled several of the house dipping sauces. I'd like to try it again to see if they are still doing a nice job with this new restaurant. It's not very large so reservations are probably a good idea.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friends of ours who live in the Glebe invited us to lunch and we settled on trying out the Original Burger Joint which was nearby. Having just recently opened a few months earlier our decision to try it was a good one. A small cozy restaurant, with an open kitchen design, made for good entertainment as it kept our girls amused watching the chef make the meals. The menu consisted of make your own burger combinations, a chicken breast burger, a salmon burger and the usual sides like fries, onion rings etc. As well they had four fixed burgers on the menu that are tied directly to charities, such as CHEO, the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. The CHEO, made with roasted garlic and Dijon mayo, sees $1.50 from each purchase donated directly to the hospital’s charity. I had the CHEO and it was fresh, juicy and very delicious. All the other meals at our table were also top notch. I think part of the success of these burgers is that they are made fresh next door at the Glebe Meat Market and are not frozen. A reasonable priced Restaurant I would not hesitate to return for another meal with my family.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We came in here as we were hungry and there was parking right outside in a snowstorm. That was a great piece of luck ! We tried their veggie burger which was really tasty and also the beefburger was beautifully spiced with delicious toppings. I was tempted to try their slider platter which included beef, lamb and salmon..next time for sure!

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Went to this place on Monday and was pleasantly surprised! The interior is very cozy and welcoming. They also have a nice open kitchen which we sat right in front of so that we could watch the cooks at work.

My husband got the CHEO burger and I got the CURE burger. (Each burger donates a portion of profits to their corresponding foundation.)

My husband found his to be the typical tasty beef gourmet burger. It was my chicken burger that was the real surprise. It was a REAL piece of fresh chicken breast that was cooked to perfection. Crispy in the edges and juicy and good on the inside! It's been a long time since I've had a chicken burger this good!

All of the staff was very warm and inviting. And if I'm correct, the lady who owns the place was there that night and came to check on us. She seems like a very sweet lady and I hope this new business works out for her!

We will definitely be going back!