“The cookies are iconic - great souvenir to bring home”

Le Moulin de Provence
Ranked #19 of 107 Quick Bites in Ottawa
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our Store is a huge Bakery, Pastry, Cafe Bistro in the heart of Byward Market, Ottawa, Ontario. You'll find all the French-Italian flavours and specialities !
Reviewed April 28, 2019

The baked goods are the best in the Byward market. Bring home some cookies to share. They are sugar cookies with a variety of designs.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed April 10, 2019

French bakery mixed with American cookies, a lots of choices, I could only try some of them but they were not as good and delicious as I was expecting from French bakery or pastry.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

6 years ago, this was warm, fresh and vibrant... Today, it’s sad and depleted; still trying to make a profit off Obama cookies. My vegetarian pizza slice was warmed up in the microwave and served half warm and soggy. Little milk containers for coffee are left on the counter - so I drank my coffee black in fear of spoiled milk.

At least the fruit tarte was tasty!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019

I came here for breakfast. I asked for a breakfast sandwich. The egg was good, the bread undercooked (not even toasted) and the bacon was not cooked enough; almost raw. It was very average! I also had their famous cookies. . My expectations were not met as I was expecting a much better sandwich. They re-baptized their famous cookies “Obama cookies” because he visited this place when he came to Ottawa. In my opinion I wasn’t very impressed with this restaurant. There are so many other options in this location for better breakfast places. The manager was actually very nice however I rate the food

Date of visit: February 2019
32  Thank NancyLope
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Walking past this bakery I noticed a photo of President Obama which peaked my interest. It was late and the bakery was already closed so we came back earlier before leaving the area and I finally got Obama cookies and that was our dessert for my birthday. Delicious! I also got a slice of their pizza as well. So yummy. Everything looked amazing. When we visit the area again I will definitely be stopping here to try some of their breads.

Date of visit: February 2019