“Delicious Meal”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had heard that this little treasure had good food and just never went in to see for ourselves. On a Wednesday evening, to celebrate our 26th anniversary, we introduced ourselves to this great restaurant. Being a week night, it was quite and conversation was easy but perhaps if they were full it might be noisy, like many restaurants, but in this case it would make it more akin to a restaurant actually in Turkey! The food we ordered was excellent. Both of us ordered the "Special Meza Salad" that was an outstanding sampler of many of the restaurant's individual appetizers. The presentation was beautiful and everything on it was delicious. This salad assortment would make a great light lunch on its own. Our main meals were equally as delicious. I ordered extra spicy "Chicken Sauté" in Turkish Spices and my husband had one of the daily specials which was the same as their main course "Izmir Pilich" plus extras. We will definitely return to this truly little treasure in Orleans just outside of Ottawa. It was a new food experience and a great one. The service was very good and the owners were attentive.

1  Thank A and M K
There are newer reviews for Little Turkish Village Dining Lounge

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Decent food with good choices. Especially liked the shish kebob. But service was definitely not the best! They forgot the starters and mixed up the orders.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had been searching restaurants on the internet for something a little different. I came across Little Turkish Village. The reviews were all good and positive. I called for reservations for 3 on Fathers Day and was told they were unable to accept my reservation for the time I requested. My fault, I waited too long to make the reservation. However, twenty minutes later they called me back and told me they had just had a cancellation.

Well we went and we were amazed. This restaurant certainly does not stand out from the outside. It is in a very small nondescript mall, you would almost not notice it. We walked in and the place was packed! I love restaurants that are busy and bustling and this was definitely one of them. The place is quite charming too with lots of art and middle eastern chachkas.

A basket of very fresh pita triangles was put on our table immediately upon seating us. We ordered two appetizers to share, one being feta cheese and olives and the other was spinach stuffed in pastry. Delicious. Our main dinners consisted of a small combination platter, a shish kabob platter and a veal and cheese platter. Our bread basket was also replenished. Nice touch!
We were brought flaming sambucas after our meal, also a very nice touch. I haven't seen that done in years. We ordered baklava for dessert and I have to say that in my experience it was the best I have ever eaten. Two of us also shared a bottle of wine.

We marvelled at the food coming out of the kitchen to other diners. It was beautifully plated and smelled divine. The menu is excellent and the prices are extremely reasonable. Dinner for 3 was just over $100.00 (that includes the wine) plus a 20% tip. Service was excellent. This gem of a restaurant is definitely a place I will visit again and again.

1  Thank Judith K
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been eating there since it opened and I have never been disappointed. The food is always fabulous and service also!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to The Little Turkish Village about 5 or 6 times and have been delighted every time. I've always ordered a dish that had baked yogurt on top - delicious beyond belief. The last time I went, my friend and I ordered the kebab platter to share. It is preceded by the best salad ever - I don't know what was in it, but it was divine and I'm not a fan of salad. The kebabs included lamb, chicken and shrimp - how do they make shrimp taste like that??? So good. I've been told that the owner is Asian, and there is a lovely Asian man who waits the tables - if he is the owner, I'm so pleased that the owner is that involved. It's a small restaurant, so make reservations. And if you are stuck in a wait line, wait as it will be worth it. I could eat a bucket of just the roast potatoes alone!