“Summer Visit”
Review of Teastore

Teastore
Ranked #13 of 50 Bakeries in Ottawa
Description: A friendly local shop serving the best tea in Ottawa since 1996. We have over 200 varieties of luxury loose leaf tea to take home or have in store. We also serve delicious desserts and scones to go with your favorite tea.
Reviewed February 14, 2019

I went to Ottawa to visit my niece and we came across this store by the Byword Market. I am a tea lover and I was in my glory looking at all the different teas they have. I purchased an Earl Grey blend ( 50 shades of Grey) that was absolutely fantastic! My niece was coming back to Alberta for Christmas so I asked her to make a trip back to the Tea Store to get some for me which she dutifully did for me. I was pleased to see a website on the package she brought and I have just done an on-line purchase for over $100 and I cannot wait for it to arrive. The staff were wonderful also!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Stopped in with a food tour and were very surprised at the variety of teas. The owner and his cousin, who operate the store, were very friendly, professional, courteous, and helpful. We spent more time there than expected because we had a conversation with the owner about sourcing tea and many of the varieties he has in the store. We made some purchases and will be buying tea from them online. Visiting this store was a wonderful experience and the best stop on our food tour.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Wonderfully friendly staff and great selection of tea. I'm partial to Earl Grey and they have plenty.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I stopped in to look at the larger boxes of tea bags. Lucky for me they sell them individually for 0.30 each. I picked up a maple tea to confirm it was delicious before buying a bigger box.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

I normally go there to sketch and relax with a full pot of tea (if you get one of the blooming teas, they'll put it in a clear teapot so you can watch it open up and bloom into a flower).

Great for someone who is looking for a place to sit down for a long time ans chill.

Date of visit: August 2017