“Kelsey's!!!”

Ranked #1,197 of 2,916 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Enjoy one of Canada's original roadhouse restaurants, with Canadian favourites like double stacked burgers and unforgettable chicken wings. At Kelsey's the beer is always cold and a game is always on.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I went there as had to go somewhere to eat and it was not a real choice... The foods are just ok and nothing special.. They made a mistake in one of the dishes as we would initially have green salad, but they put fries...

Thank M.A. J

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The broccoli soup was over the top. The peppercorn hamburger was juicy and tasty. The mini crab cakes as appetizers were nicely seasoned and very enjoyable. So was the beer. Notwithstanding a very large group of very young hockey players having a good time, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Service was beyond impeccable. We really felt like we were one of the gang. Congratulations.

1  Thank sycha
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting Ottawa and decided to eat at this restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. I was a little surprised because this Kelseys didn't look like others I have visited. It was wide open, even the bar. We both selected the messy beef sandwich. We both tried it and looked at eat other with dissapointment. The sandwiches were very dry, the pretzle bun hard and stale. I guess not all Kelseys are the same.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a cold Monday evening arriving at about 6:30. There were relatively few guests and we were promptly greeted and seated in a comfortable booth.

Soon our very friendly server, Jen, arrived and asked for our drink order. No water was offered or served. We requested two pints of beer ($6.19 each) while we looked over the menu. We decided to start with the Brushetta flatbread ($10.49). We subsequently ordered a noodle bowl ($15.99) and a beet with chicken salad ($13.50), recommended by Jen, accompanied by a bottle of Hardy's shiraz ($25.49).

Considering the crowd the brushetta was a little slow in arriving but when it did it was hot with a good topping of cheese and ample fresh tomatoes. One of the best we have had in quite some time. The main courses arrived very shortly after we finished the brushetta. The noodle bowl was hot, very tasty and of ample portion. The beet and chicken salad was also very good. We did not have dessert or coffee.

Throughout our dinner Jen was attentive and provided very pleasant service. This was a very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited on Septemeber 18th 2013.
I had not been to Kelsey's in quite some time and after looking over the menu, ordering (with which the server had much difficulty remembering the correct one) and receiving my food remember exactly why. I was unsatisfied with my visit, a dirty, rundown restaurant with food and service to match. Even the bathrooms were all out of order!

Maybe try Montanas next time