“Great flavour, good value!”
Review of Namaste India

Namaste India
Ranked #1,695 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Ottawa, Canada
“Great flavour, good value!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went here with a groupon to try it out, the service was friendly but a little slow, no big deal.

The food was great though, tonnes of flavour and spice, good portions, and great value for the apps and mains too!

I'll be returning!

“Great Indian food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is some of the tastiest indian food in the city. The service can be a touch slow but the wait is worth it. It depends how many people are in the restarant. I go all the time.

1 Thank Chanelle05
ottawa
“First Review I have ever written....”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

...and felt compelled to do so because I actually found it hard to believe that anyone could write a bad one about this restaurant! I know you can't 'please all of the people all of the time' but seriously?

I went with my 10 year old daughter on Sunday, 2 June. We were the first there - right when it opened - so maybe that's why the service was so prompt... I had the mulligatawny soup for a starter - the best I have ever had. I have been to many Indian restaurants in several cities and this certainly ranks among the best in terms of tasty food! It was my daughter's second time ever at an Indian restaurant and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Her favorite things? The butter chicken (somebody actually called it bland!) and the Naan bread...

I will definitely be going back!!

“Tasty Indian Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This restaurant is near lots of shopping and is a great place to go once your feet get tired. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. The Mulligatawny soup is wonderful.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank eZulwini
“We'll Go Again”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have had Indian cuisine about every decade or so, and decided that it was time to give it a try again. Mother's Day was the time. The restaurant is small and a bit cramped between tables, but very tidy and nicely decorated. The service was prompt, friendly and helpful. We tried Tandoori Chicken, which was tasty but dry, Saag Aloo Bhaji, which was nicely spiced, and Madras, which was deliciously hot! Chapati bread soaked up the sauces for us, and Cheetah beer washed it all down. None of the food was spectacular, the presentation was simple, but overall the meal was quite enjoyable. We will go again within the next few months. A tip.... we went early with a reservation, which turned out to be a wise decision as the restaurant filled quickly. Finally, many of the customers appeared to be Indian, which we took to be a commendation of the food.

• Visited May 2013