“Love the Cupcake Lounge!”
Review of The Cupcake Lounge

The Cupcake Lounge
Ranked #11 of 40 Bakeries in Ottawa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've gotten cupcakes here several times! They are a good size so it's a satisfying treat. I've bought cupcakes there individually, by half dozen and full dozen. They have a good variety of flavours and you can see them being made right there. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful with answering questions. They also take orders if you want specific flavours or have a bigger order.

Whether you need one or a whole bunch - you should check it out if you are in Ottawa.

1  Thank Sailor77

Reviewed March 17, 2013

After a great family day in the Byward Market we stopped at the Cupcake Lounge for a treat. It is a warm feeling when you walk in the door and the display shows the work and talent of the staff. I was more than thrilled when I discovered that they offer on a daily basis Gluten free cupcakes. Having just recently become GF, I have been finding it hard not being able to indulge in baking. The selection was so enticing it was hard to decide for our family. They are a bit pricey but worth the splurge. I actually ate mine over two meals just to savour it. Even the boxes and cupcake holders were beautifully presented.

If you are in the Market, check it out, definitely worth the stop and great customer service.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited this shop because of a coupon that offered a free coffee with the purchase of a cupcake. The coffee was freshly brewed from a machine that looked like an espresso maker and it was very good! Now for the cupcakes - I bought three and they were all yummy! The cupcake wasn't too sweet, like the grocery store ones, and the frosting is just right too - buttery and not too sweet. I loved the dark chocolate one. I bought the day-old ones because they were $2 instead of the usual $3.25 but they were still delicious! Will return if I'm ever in that area again.

There are only two small round tables there so it's not a place to sit and have coffee with your cupcake.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Found the Cupcake Lounge after seeing it as a highlight in the Byward Market map. My friends and I often treat ourselves to cupcakes so didn't find the $3.25 price tag too daunting. Shop was super clean and inviting. All the cupcakes looked amazing and I happily settled for the lemon coconut vanilla cupcake. I would visit again if I came to Ottawa :)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Bought some cupcakes for our Xmas Eve dinner. They were excellent but $72 for 2 dozen cupcakes!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Won't do that again.