“Yummy cupcakes and good coffee”
Review of The Cupcake Lounge

The Cupcake Lounge
Ranked #10 of 39 Bakeries in Ottawa
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited this shop because of a coupon that offered a free coffee with the purchase of a cupcake. The coffee was freshly brewed from a machine that looked like an espresso maker and it was very good! Now for the cupcakes - I bought three and they were all yummy! The cupcake wasn't too sweet, like the grocery store ones, and the frosting is just right too - buttery and not too sweet. I loved the dark chocolate one. I bought the day-old ones because they were $2 instead of the usual $3.25 but they were still delicious! Will return if I'm ever in that area again.

There are only two small round tables there so it's not a place to sit and have coffee with your cupcake.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Found the Cupcake Lounge after seeing it as a highlight in the Byward Market map. My friends and I often treat ourselves to cupcakes so didn't find the $3.25 price tag too daunting. Shop was super clean and inviting. All the cupcakes looked amazing and I happily settled for the lemon coconut vanilla cupcake. I would visit again if I came to Ottawa :)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Bought some cupcakes for our Xmas Eve dinner. They were excellent but $72 for 2 dozen cupcakes!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. Won't do that again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stopped in since we love cupcakes and who doesn't! Bought 4 which cost us $12, a bit pricey if you ask me but we don't buy cupcakes so we said why not. The icing tasted more like butter then any flavour it was supposed to be and the cupcake was dry, so we were very dissapointed as we were really looking forward to them. Maybe it was just that batch so we may give it another try, we'll see.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have recently moved to the Ottawa area and have been checking out different places to eat. Came across the cupcake lounge when we finished lunch in the market. We had been to another cupcake place earlier in the week so we decided to check this one out too.
The cupcakes were just under $20 for 6 but, the other place we paid $14 but were moist, tasty and looked great!