“A gem in Ottawa: Love the atmosphere of this resto/bar/speakeasy!”
Review of Union Local 613

Union Local 613
Ranked #132 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“A gem in Ottawa: Love the atmosphere of this resto/bar/speakeasy!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Next to its neighbours Toronto and Montreal, Ottawa totally gets a bad rep. This rep is totally undeserved, when there are fabulous places like Union in the city.

The ambiance here is amazing. Nice place for a date. There is just so much attention to detail in all the plating, the way the drinks are served, etc. Staff is super friendly and you can tell they love their jobs. Every drink I've had has been excellent, as has the food.

Go downstairs and check out the speakeasy behind the bookcase!!

Have been here twice in the last month and would not hesitate to return or recommend.

• Visited October 2013

Ottawa
“Amazing food, relaxed ambiance, and gluten-free options”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I had a great dinner there in the basement. The ceiling is made from reclaimed wood and there is an exposed upright piano as decor. The staff was very accommodating for gluten-free options. The green deviled eggs were amazing to start things off. I had catfish and my husband had chicken. Delicious sides of green beans and pinto beans. We will definitely be back!

Oakville, Canada
“Great food great vibe”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Took my poor student son here for dinner last week and we both enjoyed this place. Everything is served in pots, jars, or on a tray so he was right at home. That said the food is southern updated and very very good. Duck hearts were great, fried chicken perfect, catfish was great, and the cherry pie wonderful. Has the best cocktails I have had anywhere for a long time (yes in a jar). Nice modern vibe, attentive service. Now my favorite restaurant for when I'm next in Ottawa on business. Yup you could end up sharing a long table you need to get over that. Was busy even on a Monday but you can make reservations. Winning formula for me and really good food. I'd also take open minded foody people here for business.

Ottawa, Canada
“union 613”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First off we are not "foodies" but like to have a nice experience for dinner ~ 4-7 times a month. In the central west area...West Wellington area. So we trucked down to west somerset to visit this spot. I had read previous entries here. The appetizer of duck heart was very very good. My main of the catfish which others had said was great..was disappointing. Also, although we had a reservation for 3, we sat at a long table...looking at the kitchen. The service was great. Maybe I ordered the wrong menu item. Nothing convinced me to go back..but it is worth a try.

Ottawa, Canada
“Cocktails are outstanding!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best cocktails in Ottawa. Food is excellent. Atmosphere fun. Still yearning for the cornbread, the Dark and Stormy and the fried chicken!!! Prices a little high for that type of food but the quality is there for sure

• Visited August 2013