“Loyal customer until today...”

Corazon De Maiz Mexican Food
Ranked #99 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Today my husband and I were looking forward to having lunch at our favourite Mexican restaurant in Ottawa. As per usual, it was very busy when we arrived around 2:00 pm, and we decided to wait around for a table to become available so that we could sit down and enjoy our meal. After about a 30 minute wait, which we didn't mind and have become used to considering the small space, a table opened up and I sat down while my husband was in line placing our order. I was shocked and very disappointed when I was abruptly approached by one of the young male staff members who insisted that I could not remain seated at the table, as I I had yet to place my order, Despite my attempt to explain that we were waiting patiently for the next available table to become available before ordering, I was placed in an uncomfortable situation and told that I must leave my table, then place an order and wait until another table become available. I was surprised by the uncharacteristic lack of professionalism and customer service that we've consistently received in our previous visits, and have come to enjoy. I was too embarrassed and upset to stay after the ordeal, and am pleased that we strolled upon Ahora on Dalhousie Street and enjoyed a lovely authentic Mexican meal, with great service and value.

8  Thank WayneEnterprises

Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you are hungry in the Byward Market, go to the Corazon de Maiz. The food is amazing and the people that work there are so friendly! Thanks for the great customer service.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food made fresh to order. Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had this far north of Mexico and Texas.

Olé!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I highly recommend Corazon De Maiz Mexican. I decided to check out this restaurant as part of OttawaEncounters.com that I help coordinate. Ottawa Encounters is a group of great food lovers who like to explore Ottawa's best restos and bistros.

I tried the beef burrito at Corazon De Maiz. It was freshly prepared, as other food at Corazon De Maiz Mexican which is located in the ByWard Market. Service is very friendly, and shows a lot of pride in their food. Atmosphere is very cozy.

The restaurant is not big, and does not open very late. If you plan to check out, Corazon De Maiz Mexican, make sure that it is open if you decide to do so.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place is simply a flavor explosion! I ordered the three taco deal one of each and the portion size is amazing. Lots of tender succulent pork slow cooked and perfectly spiced atop a bed of black beans underneath a fresh corn tortilla topped off with some tasty pico with a side of guac. Everything is super fresh and I'm still thinking of the warm corn tortillas. This place rivals L.A street tacos it is so good. I was lucky enough to get a few bites of my wifes quesidilla and let me say that this porky cheesy crispy creation is out of this world. If that was not enough they have in house made sauces that just put the flavors off the charts. The dried pepper sauce was my favorite a close second to the jalapeño garlic that was oh so tasty! My one gripe is I cannot wait to go back and try the rest of the menu items.