“Hard to Beat”

Pho Moonlight
Ranked #516 of 2,856 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Pho Moonlight wasn't that busy the last two weekends I visited it — and it may well be feeling the competition of a newly opened Vietnamese restaurant five minutes away. But for my money, the Moonlight remains the superior of the two. We tend to go for one of the many vermicelli bowls, although people I respect are ecstatic over the soups. However, the bottom line is that the food is consistently good, the ingredients are always fresh and the family that owns it warm and friendly. On a cold winter's night

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Back in Ottawa, back at Pho Moonlight, The food is still great, as per my last review, and the staff is still extremely friendly. I have frequented other Vietnamese restaurants, in both Chicago and Ottawa, and this is still by far, my favorite.

1  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I keep coming back here again and again! It's quick. It's healthy.

We're a bit set in our ways...and usually have the vermicelli bowl not the Pho. The fresh wraps with peanut sauce are great too.

Inexpensive too: ~$40 (no alcohol) for two.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

After our favourite Pho restaurant was sold and the quality of the food deteriorated with the new owners, we tried several Vietnamese restaurants that were recommended by reviewers on Trip Advisor. The food that we have eaten at Pho Moonlight surpasses the quality and flavour that we remember from our previous favourite Pho restaurant. Don't be put off by the look of this small premises in a strip mall on Hazeldean Road or even by the very plain interior. The restaurant is clean, the servers are polite and prompt, and the food is excellent, fresh and plentiful and it is now our new favourite Pho restaurant.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has great food and exceptional service.

The entrees have a decent portion size for all ranges of people. I have been told their spring rolls are great but have never tried one.

The offering of tea with the meal at no cost is a nice touch.

The only down side. As with most small places the washrooms while functional do not meet my expectations.

So the summary, good food, great service.