“Neighbourhood Vietnamese and Thai”
Review of Oh Basil

Oh Basil
Ranked #1,015 of 2,897 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We love having this good-quality restaurant in our neighbourhood. We keep coming back and have enjoyed the pad thai, the pho, the Thai fried rice and the yellow curry. The food is fresh and tasty and the service is efficient and pleasant. A local gem.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This little restaurant serves up delicious, fresh food at a very affordable price. The service and quality of food was very good. We ate in the middle of the afternoon and the food was prepared promptly and was very tasty. The vegetables were fresh and delicious and the peanut sauce was perfection.
The ambiance is not overly classy, pretty much an open room with several tables. But the food makes this little restaurant worth trying.
I felt it was priced right for the amount of food served.

1  Thank LeighManitoba
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I brought my mother and my handicapped husband for lunch. They pushed my husband into a cramped corner and gave us two plates when there were three of us. The service was rude, we never got water and the tea was substandard.
I ordered the green curry which was not fresh (Dried mushrooms and precious little chicken), we also had the appetizer plate which was unappealing and overly fried.

When we went to pay, the waiter was very rude to my elderly mother insisting she pay cash and showed her where to leave a tip. Needless to say the tip was 0.

This restaurant has poor quality food, terrible prices and overcharges patrons. Stay away!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

A nice, tiny restaurant with decent Thai dishes packed with fresh flavours. My aunt and I showed up within 30 minutes of closing, so I didn't really get a feel for the service...