“Average”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Movie theaters are generally the same, all that really matters are the prices, the ambiance, and the seats. I grew up close to this theater and have fond memories of my grandma telling me to sneak food into the cinema. At first I thought this was something all grandmothers did, from stealing wet-wipes to hiding digestive biscuits in large trench coats, but for once, my grandma's post war mentality paid off; the food was extremely expensive. Personally, I don't like paying 6 dollars for a bag of popcorn, not too mention, the popcorn here is awful. On another note, this cinema does have giant snake-charmers and King Kong hanging from the ceiling. All in all, this is your average cinema, where it really only matters what movie you're going to see. In which case, the Coliseum has all that you require.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank YMA1998

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Transformed. Used too be Britannia Cinema Years ago”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went with my Sister when Visiting Ottawa. I lived In Ottawa as a Kid Years ago and I have Very Good Memories of this Cinema. In the 80's It was Britannia Cinema Years ago I went as a kid. I wanted to Take my Sister back to this area as Memories as kids. It was a Great Transformed Cinema when I came back here Now called Coliseum. I found it cool. Inside you have a 360 degree view of all the 12 Cinemas. We saw we Bought a zoo in the New year of 2012 on a weekday In Late afternoon. But we were the Only ones in that Cinema. The seating layout was good. The location was good. Found it with no Trouble as I took OC Transpo Bus to Bayshore shopping centre and a Few Minutes of a walk from Bayshore Shopping Centre down Bayshore drive to Carling Ave. Staff were nice. I told one Staff Member of My Memories back then. If still going strong I will be back. It was great fun at this Transformed Cinema.

Visited December 2012
Ottawa ON Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Easy to get to and free parking”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very helpful with disabled. They have an elevator so you can use that instead of the stairs. Staff are very attentive when needed. Lots of disabled parking at the front. Washrooms are very accessible with a crooked aisle to go in rather than a door. Other than that a standard movie theatre.

Visited May 2013
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Good theatre, great location”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This theatre is in a great location and parking is plentiful. The theatre itself is awesome... easily the best in Ottawa, albeit trailing a bit in ammunities compared to some of the newest theatres in other cities.

Visited December 2012
Ottawa
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good location and facilities”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It is not the first cinema I choose to go to because the seating is a bit uncomfortable for the taller person, but it is clean and well located when my show is not on in Kanata!

Visited November 2012