“Food Was Just Ok”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Attached to Day's Inn. features enhanced pub food
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The new interior is very nice. However, I've been there three times in the last six months, or so, and each time the food didn't quite deliver. The burgers used to be great. The Angus Burger I recently ordered was $14 but had an off-putting smell and an off taste. The fries weren't hot. The other dishes I've tried haven't been up to the taste and quality of the past. Probably won't visit again for a while unfortunately.

1  Thank Live_to_Travel_125

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I recently visited The Brew Table on a Friday evening for dinner. He had been before and really liked it, so we decided to try it for 'date night'.

We were greeted right away, and given the choice of sitting in the bar area (with high tables) or in the restaurant area - we chose the restaurant area as it appeared to be a little quieter. It was a Friday evening, very busy, and I found it loud at times (difficult to hear each other across the table) even in the restaurant area, but we didn't mind. However, if you are looking for a quiet/intimate couples dinner out, this is not the place to go.

The food was absolutely delicious - we both enjoyed our meals, tried each others dishes, and on the prior occasions that my hubby ate here, he was never disappointed with the food. They also have a wide selection of beers to choose from. The service was fast despite being a full house, but we never felt rushed and we chatted at our table for about an hour after we finished our meal. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, and dishes/glasses never sat on the table for long once finished.

They have a decent sized patio (partly covered) as well. Although it was raining the night we went, there were still one or two tables of people sitting under the covered portion as the temperature was fine.

The one minor issue that I had was the women's washroom...it was short on toilet paper, and could have been cleaner...but it was a busy Friday night so perhaps I picked a bad time :)

All in all, it was a great first visit for me, we will definitely return to The Brew Table!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Brew Table use to operate under a previous name. We always visited here because it was close to our Holiday Inn and because we always found the food and service to be great.

Fortunately it is the same owner and nothing has changed. I don't drink beer, so I especially appreciate their selection of ciders. Happy to say that the food and service are still the excellent quality that we previously experienced!

1  Thank 2fromBC
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Excited to have a new bar in bells corners my girlfriend and I couldn't wait to try the brew table. The staff was friendly enough but greeting us took a while. When we finally ordered our burgers they were rushed out the Kitchen uncooked. after having to call the server back 7-8 min after the meal was served, because she kept herself busy elsewhere (there were only 7-9 people in the place at the time), she returned it to the kitchen. The manager came out and asked us if we would like them to prepare another one. We said no thanks. They removed the burgers from our bill and we paid for our beers. So disappointed we visit local heroes on a regular and was hoping for new watering hole, this isn't it. The decor is strange and the menu was huge. I think they need to reconsider a lot to become successful in bells corners. I'll stick to locals for now thank you.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

A privately run restaurant where customer service is paramount! This bar/restaurant caters for locals and travellers alike, everyone is made very welcome and if you like good conversation just sit around the bar. The food is great and the choice of well kept beer extensive. Nick, Dan and their great staff make sure everything runs like clockwork and an enjoyable visit is pretty much guaranteed.