“Yummy and filling”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

To think I've driven by here so many times and didn't even see this little place. We visited early this evening before the main dinner hour. After being seated at a window table we were waited on quickly and received or drinks and food in a timely manner. I had the chicken tandoori which was really a meal for two and my fella had the butter chicken....and we had the samosas as an appetizer. Everything was fresh and tasty and the Indian beer rounded off a nice quick dinner. It was all reasonably priced. I'm glad we went and we will no doubt return.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on 2013-02-22, our first time at this restaurant. The place is nicely decorated, clean and welcoming. We were the first guests to arrive and so we selected a nice sunny window table. Service was immediate and since we had not had Indian food in a while the waiter's recommendations were appreciated. I had a vegetable chicken currie while my wife had a tiki wrap with mulligatawny soup. Both meals were good portions and nicely spiced. I asked for spicy curry and they did not disappoint my taste buds. Closing out the bill took a bit of time so plan for this if you are on a strict lunch timetable. The music was authentic but a bit loud for my taste. All in all, we had a great lunch for two, taxes and tip included, for about $25, without drinks other than water. We enjoyed the experience and would go back if in the area.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I really like Mia's. I really like the flavour of the foods. I want to like it more but I can't.
It is expensive. I ordered an appetizer plate of different foods, and yes it was a appetizer but there wasn't much and I was sharing it. My two kids ordered butter chicken, and had to order rice, and as well the naan. I think the rice should come with the butter chicken.The naan is fantastic. As well, there must have been something in the foods at Mia's that I am intolerant to because for the rest of the evening I was red and itchy everywhere. The service is excellent.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

On New Year's Day, when the whole world was closed, my husband and I saw an open sign on Mia, the new Indian restaurant at Woodruff and Richmond. It looks so simple from the road, that we expected we would just get fed and were willing to not be too picky. What a surprise. The inside is warm and friendly in decor and staff(family). And the Indian cooking is the freshest and most delicious I have tasted in Ottawa. The price is higher than usual, but I think it is because they are using fresh or home made ingredients. Catch this wonderful place before you have to wait in line. It is not a dark candle lit ambiance for romantic liasons, but
more for comfortably welcoming of solos, friends, families wanting a homey regular place with reliably good, healthy food and friendly service.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Tasty dishes, everything fresh as they say, welcoming host and hostess (the next generation of Mias) who offer good advice on the menu, lots of (but not only) veggie choices, easy parking. Butter chicken a little sweet but still delicious. Definitely try the Kasmery rice. With six at the table, we ordered five main dishes plus two rice and double naan (fresh out of the oven). Worked out just right. Two of us recently spent five months traveling in India and this brings back good taste memories from the mid-north - alas without the dust, colour, teeming streets, cacophony of south Asia sounds, and astonishingly large restaurant servings. Be sure to visit Mia's.