“good GF food, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cat's Fish & Chips

Cat's Fish & Chips
Ranked #334 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cat's Fish and Chips is the "Little Blue House" that keeps everyone coming back. Cat's Fish and Chips, in both decor and cuisine is a little slice of East Coast life and could have very easily been plucked right from a Nova Scotian Harbour. Cat's menu has something for everyone! Salmon, burgers, or a cajun chicken breast might be something for you.
West New York, New Jersey
“good GF food, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I came here while in the area on a trip to Ottawa because I eat GF. I was happy with the menu and options. The food was good and I was very pleased with my GF fish and chips as was my co-diner with their food. The problem is the service is just awful. After desert some sort of delivery came and we patiently waited while the owner (I think) discussed the inventory with the delivery man. Meanwhile a guy came in and sat at the bar and after that she went to hang out with him. We had to ask for the check after being left there for over 20 minutes without her coming over. And we were the only people there! If they do take out I would go out but it took us like an hour and half just to have a quick meal. They should spend the money on hiring a few real servers who know how to behave around the public.

Ottawa
“Been happy every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've been to Cat's several times now, and each time I've been very pleased with the food and the service. Admittedly, it's a bit crowded, but it doesn't bother me.
The fish and chips have always been good, not overcooked, not too greasy, and good sized portions, and the beer is really cold. Last time I was there for dinner we also split the apple crumble pie, and enjoyed it a lot - the crust was quite thin, but it was nicely flavoured.
Cat's has become one of our regular places.

There are 3-4 slightly tricky steps to get to the restaurant entrance, and bathrooms are downstairs.

Ottawa, Canada
“Just OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Cats is exspensive and poor value.
Everything is deep fried so go Gluten Free and eat a little more deep fried food hmmmm

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank pepsimae
Toronto, Canada
“Watch the world go by enjoying old fashioned fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a lovely lunch sitting on the deck on a warm sunny day. Fish in a choice of 2 batters,regular or beer, was very good and the chips were also delicious.

Ottawa
“Will certainly NOT go back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rudest hostess I have ever met.
The food is not worthwhile...more batter then fish...avoid the onion rings...simply burnt.
Being in the proximity of our home we could have been repeated customers but after this negative experience we will drive the extra mile to go to Pelican or the Merivale Fish Market and get our money's worth with a smile!

• Visited May 2013