Canada Aviation and Space Museum

from $108.10
from $22.60
from $28.36
1,120 results
All reviews avro arrow bi plane flight simulator vintage aircraft lancaster bomber the international space station silver dart biplane rides on display space travel great collection all ages interactive displays couple of hours gift shop rainy day guided tour
Reviewed 1 week ago

My kids love this place, I myself learned a lot about aviation history. The airplane ride was - 'Wow'. Too bad, because of the weather, did not have to chance to go on the open cockpit plane. Excellent place to spend 2 to 3 hours.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Took another tour of this spectacular building and collection. I lived in the PMQs at CFB Rockcliffe in the 70s when most of these aircraft were stored in 3 old WWII hangars at the bottom of the hill by the airport. An amazing collection of aircraft including pre WWI, and fighters, bombers and helicopters from all the wars since. The new building is a bonus as it has better climate control than the old drafty hangars, plus they have a gift shop, and you can even pay to take a air tour of the NCR in a heritage aircraft. A MUST see if you are visiting Ottawa.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We took our 3 year old grandson on a mini vacation and one of the stops was at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum. Our grandson was THRILLED with the mini wooden airplanes that he could ride around through the museum. He was all smiles. Grandpa and I really enjoyed the space exhibit and we were impressed with the variety of planes, helicopters, etc. throughout the Museum. It was a GREAT stop. Our only disappointment was the requirement for children to be 7 to go on the bi-plane. We're not complaining, it just means we'll have to go back for another visit in a few years!

IngeniumCanada, Public affairs team at Canada Aviation and Space Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We're glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you again in a few years!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

a great family experience or just by your self. The history here is fantastic, and you are close up to each aircraft. Lots of hands on items , staff are accommodating to answer questions or take your picture

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Museum of Aviation and Space is a great stop for all families. It is certainly somewhere that would be recommended for children who are school age. There are a few activities for the little kids but not as much as one may expect. As for adults it is a place with a wealth of information and enjoyable interactive aspects in the space exhibit.

IngeniumCanada, Public Affairs Team at Canada Aviation and Space Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank-you for sharing your feedback. On weekends and holidays we offer a variety of programs and activities for younger visitors. We are not allowed to post website addresses in TripAdvisor answers, so please Google the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and you will find our website URL. Then, by going to the "What's on" tab you can find a list of upcoming events, activities, daily demonstrations as well as special kids tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice place to see staff friendly and very amazing stuff to see and will go back again to see they do a wonderful job

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm not a museum person at all but this one was a lot of fun and very interesting. Would recommend going when you have a few spare hours

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A nice museum! The museum itself is worthty of a 5/5, even if there not much of the "Space" section, so be aware of that. The staff were nice too. However, having to pay for the parking for a building so far away of the center of town (so forget it going by walk) is unacceptable. My wife and I walk and take the public transport as much as possible in our life, but even us found that it was a big let down of the museum and/or city.

IngeniumCanada, Public Affairs Team at Canada Aviation and Space Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your comments. Parking fees are reinvested in Museum programming.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the most coolest museums I’ve visited. My wife and I were on a mini 2 day vacation in Ottawa and Gatineau and I’ve always wanted to visit it. History lesson to the max, my highlight was the Avro arrow a sad day for Canadian aviation it was an amazing aircraft. Not expensive I think it was $15 an adult. There is also a space exhibit which is also quite interesting. If in Ottawa worth the visit don’t go with young young children may be a little long for them.

IngeniumCanada, Public affairs team at Canada Aviation and Space Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thank-you for sharing your feedback. We do have special activities just for kids such as a kids tour of the Museum, you can find more information on our website. Cost is indeed $15 per adult, with different pricing for kids, seniors, students, families, etc

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Very interesting for airplanes enthusiasts. Definitely want to drive to this location though... we took a bus, and had to walk farther into see it than anticipated.