“Location Location Historical Sandy Hill”

and 1 more site!
Australis Guest House
Ranked #4 of 54 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed at Australis over the holidays and walked to town every day taking a different street full of history Carol supplied me with a map which told me who lived in what house and when it was built...Breakfast was great fresh fruit homemade everything including the jams breads....coming home in the evening the fire was on and what a warm hot choc will do for you >II could not say enough good things about Australis
The Hosts the house and the price GREAT

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 19, 2010

I stayed at Australis booked for one night and stayed for three because of the service..the breakfast set me up for the day...Ottawa is a hidden Gem so much to see and do three days was just not enough..Carol and Brian offered to drive me to the bus station and just were the best hosts..the house has warmth charm and much more...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Travelling in North America for the last three months Australis Guest House was the highlight of our holidays....Hosts Brian and Carol were amazing...gave us a tour of the city picked us up at the Bus Station and on leaving even offered to drive us to the Bus station yet again....and gave us the most delightful gift to remember Ottawa...what we like and put Australis in a league of their own was their service..nothing was too much trouble...The breakfast ...every day was different and well prepared...Carol is an amazing cook ....we will tell everyone about this guest house and the price was great.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I come to Ottawa for business and this was the first time I have stayed at the Australis Guest House...wireless....early morning breakfast to suit my needs for the meetings I was attending...walking home in the evening was a pleasure...great area .....good neighbourhood.....great local resturant around the block...bus to downtown was easy...also bus to the airport...was only 20 minutes away....great value for the money...the room with the balcony and the selection of books to read was just great.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

As a single woman travelling alone this was the perfect bed and breakfast...from the moment I entered the door I felt safe and at home..the house is welcoming..with the fire going and a lounge to relax and read a book ..the breakfast was something else..fresh fruit homemade breads...with a choice of egg dishes...as I do not eat meat that was not a problem..a local pub around the crn perfect for a snack at night...the hostess was great ...cheerful helpful and even drove me downtown ....also gave me a tour of the city...what else could one ask for Australian Hospality at its best.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Clean....charming....great value for the $$$$$$$$$$......SERVICE WAS 100%...tips on what should be seen in Ottawa...park your car and walk thru the tree lined streets of Sandy Hill...the breakfast was different each day with a choice of home made breads Jams..and the best waffles I have ever had...would stay there again...and recommend it to all our friends and fellow travellers.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The room was clean and well furnished. The decoration was impressive. The breakfast was very good and the owners were extremelly gentle with us.

There was no TV in the room and it would hev been nice to have a computer with internet connenction.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple