“Pampering perfection”

Brookstreet Hotel
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed for two with my grandchild. Upon our arrival they were given backpack with included tokens to the arcade(which I have to say. Their father had more fun in than they did as they are only two and three) as well as their very own thermo that could be refilled at any time. Each evening they came around with milk and cookies before the. Kids. Drifted off to sleep in their comfortable beds
Don't get me wrong this hotel has lots for grown ups a lounge with entertaining music, a spa, a fitness and a pool to name a few. The only draw back was to enter the indoor pool area you had to go through the fitness area. I for one wasn't too comfortable with that. But the change room more than made up for that with its very own hot tub and sauna. Heavenly

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Judy S, thank you for your review and for choosing Brookstreet to host your family getaway. We’re happy to hear both the adults and kids had a great time – we know this isn’t always easy! We hope to welcome you and your family back soon for another mini getaway.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is my 4th stay at Brookstreet. hotel in Ottawa I stay here while visiting my son at Carleton University. Perspectives Restaurant is a must if you like fine dining you must try the chef's culinary surprise at least once. This time we stayed on Sunday night and booked the Sunday brunch before hand, great variety, lamb and roast beef melts in your mouth! I honestly have only encountered the friendliest and helpful staff on every single visit! This time was the first I visited when the outdoor pool was open which was a nice treat! I have booked through bookit.com, directly thru their website and also lucked out on Travelzoo. I am always treated the same way. Yes I agree paying for parking is a sore spot however I travel quite a bit and unfortunately this is usually the norm just like paying for your bag when you fly!! Beds are sooooo comfortable.

Room Tip: let them know your preferences before going via email about any special requirements. The staff go o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frenchie732
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Frenchie732, thank you for your great review and we are so glad that you keep choosing to come back to Brookstreet. We look forward to seeing you gain on your next trip to Ottawa!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very nice hotel and very close to the Canadian Tire Centre (formerly scotia centre) for concerts.

We ate in the bar restaurant (Options) or dinner and the food was good.

I wasn't impressed that there was a charge for wifi in the rooms. Hotels this size should be offering it to all guests and not just free in the some locations of the building. Most people use ipads, iphones, etc on a daily basis and wifi is a requirement for out of town guests. There should not be a charge for this! I realize that most corporate guests have this fee covered by their businesses but if you are on personal time, it is a personal expense.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MJG154992

Dear MJG154992, thank you for your feedback your comments have been passed onto our management team and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope we can welcome you back to Brookstreet on your next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

In general, it is a nice hotel with great service. What takes away from that is having to pay for wifi which was not cheap. And to have to pay for parking when there is enough room to park outside? It should be a choice: free outside or pay inside, but not $12.50 for guests. Also, the scanner for parking ticket in the underground parking was jammed for the car in front of us; a staff member did come after a wait to unjam the machine. It jammed again when we got to it although it was fixed quickly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SFL1349, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the technical problems with the parking ticket scanner. We thank you for your stay and hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Heading to any concert at The Canadian Tire Centre is made easier if you stay at the Brookstreet Hotel. Before the show, enjoy an amazing spa experience, incredible dinner with the world's friendliest and funniest waiter and finally, not be in a hurry to get to the venue since Brookstreet is located nearby. I will be back in October for yet another stay and another show!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear rfdali, thank you for your review and for choosing Brookstreet. When you stay in October be sure to show your Canadian Tire Centre concert tickets at check-in to save 15% off your guest room if you book under our Best Available Rate and 15% off food at Options Jazz Lounge. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay to go to Ottawa for Canada Day. We booked this hotel one day before and got a good deal in priceline biding. It had so much hidden charges. They said free wifi but it was only free wifi in the lobby. If you needed internet in room you had to pay $13.50. Even though this hotel was not even near downtown they charged $12.50 for parking even though they had ample space. We had room confirmation for 4 people and two queen but we found they ran out of queen beds and got charged for an extra bed. It was paid breakfast but we did not care about the fee and went to Tim Hortons. The room was great with a huge washroom and a table. It had a big room for the bedroom with an couch added. We got a great view of Ottawa.The hotel was over secured. When we wanted to visit another room in another floor we needed their card. We never knew so we had to call a person from the room and bring him downstairs to get us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Abh782, thank you for your review. We apologize for the confusion regarding the additional bed and internet, although it's indicated on the Priceline website that “free internet is available in public areas” as opposed to all guest rooms. We’re happy to hear you were pleased with the quality of your room and appreciate all your feedback. Thank you for choosing Brookstreet and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay... the breakfast was meh... tasted like university buffet.

Having to pay for internet access was surprising. I should have used my mobile tether, but I sought convenience.

Spent $175 in cabs in a 24 hour trip, but thats not really BS's problem. My meeting was in Carp.

I had to have my keycard recoded 3 times. That was annoying. Not even a free drink after being trapped in the elevator twice. I'm tech-saavy, not my mistake.

Overall I was comfortable and the room service staff were very friendly and gentle. Just a few technical issues. (The website could be way better for the tech audience/employees that are likely to be booking.)

I booked purely for vicinity's sake so I would stay again if I had to meet in the area in any case.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank shbastias

Dear shbastias, thank you for your review. Besides a few technical issues, we’re happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to welcome you back for your next business trip!