“Second Visit”

Brookstreet Hotel
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My visit was for business. It was my second visit here and it wasn't as good as my first. I did get a better room but two things really bugged me. First of all I end up with two pillows that were quite smelly. I could have had them changed out (and I am sure the staff would have been happy to do it) but there were enough pillows on the bed for me to use. Secondly, there was an insect type noise that bothered me when trying to sleep. For the life of me couldn't figure it out and there were no bugs! I will say that I would give the hotel a third shot. It's great for business, vacation I think its a little too out of the way for the holiday side of Ottawa.

Room Tip: Try and get a room over looking the golf course, much better than looking over the parking garage/pa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ontheroad1982
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for proving us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Brookstreet again soon, for a hopefully more restful sleep.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed for the long weekend with the family. The beds are very comfortable. Room is decent size. Facilities are very clean. Its about 20 minutes drive from downtown Ottawa and nothing around except for office buildings and a golf course. The room service menu is very limited and expensive. They have a basket of goo dings in the room that are ridiculously priced. Bottle of flat water $15. Are you kidding me! The hotel had a wedding that weekend but you could hardly tell. Other than that the hotel was pretty much empty on the weekends. Since it is located in a business area and caters to corporate types, they have deals on weekends to be taken advantage of.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. At Brookstreet we offer our guests a wide choice of dining options from in room dining, take out at B Café, light bites at Options Jazz Lounge and formal dining at Perspectives Restaurant. We hope that we can welcome you back soon for another great weekend.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is comfortable, relaxing and enhanced by extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Rooms are well appointed with plenty of amenities in the washrooms. My only negative comment is that with the exception of the tasty snacks in the Options Bar, I found the quality of the food did not match up to the prices charged. The Thanksgiving brunch, for example, was as far as I was concerned, just a substantial breakfast buffet with a few additional items thrown in. Once again, service was friendly and attentive but the food quality was simply not at the same level.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadwarriorLynne

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend overall. We are sorry to hear your comments regarding your food experience. At Brookstreet we pride ourselves on sensational food and standards, we hope we can welcome you back soon to provide you a better experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Brookstreet. Have stayed here a few times before and this hotel is very consistent. Well maintained, friendly and prompt staff. This hotel is located in a business park about 15 miles west of Ottawa but stil some nice views from the rooms. We travel to this area to bike and golf and just relax. There is a nearby mall with plenty of shopping and dining options and there is a golf course next door and others nearby. Only downside on this trip was after biking all afternoon we were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub in the indoor pool area. Got to the desk to go in and was told the indoor pool/hot tub area was closed for maintenance. They apparently had seperate hot tubs in the mens/womans locker room but that didn't work for us. Beds are comfortable and hotel is generally quiet with the exception of the return of some late night partiers our first night. WIll definately be back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

So nice to hear from one of our regular guests! The numerous bike trails surrounding Brookstreet are certainly worth exploring. Rest assured our indoor pools have been re-opened and await your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our first stay at the Brookstreet was very pleasant. It is obvious the hotel is geared toward business/corporate guests through the week, however, the location is ideal for people who don't want to stay in the downtown Ottawa area, but are still looking for something upscale. Spa services were very nice, however, the indoor pool area was closed due to servicing. Front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating, answering our questions and attending to our needs with professionalism and courtesy. The food in the Lounge was expensive for what you got, but nicely presented, and service was ok (not fantastic, considering the price and the emptiness of the restaurant).

Why the parking charge? There are NO other hotels or businesses open on weekends in the immediate area and parking is free on weekends in many other areas of Ottawa??? I could see a parking charge during the week, but on weekends...?

We would definitely come back and stay as the rooms were gorgeous (clean and modern with extremely comfy beds!), a great value at $127/night...hopefully experience the pool/hot tub facility next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie B

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds! Our scheduled pool maintenance has been completed and once again guests can enjoy our saltwater pools, whirlpools and kiddie pools. In regards to the parking, the external lots adjacent to the hotel belong to other businesses. Hence Brookstreet offers our guests secure climate-controlled underground parking. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I checked in around 9pm and the lobby was nice. Front desk clerk was very nice. My room was on the 14th floor and was quite big. The hotel is in the middle of what looks to be a commercial building development in other words, it’s out there. Never the less, it made for a quite stay. The TV was a bit low if you wanted to watch it from the bed. Ordered room service which was prompt and still warm. The room was clean and well lit, there was a big desk to finish work.

I'm afraid to say that the internet was expensive and really not worth getting as it was terribly slow and kept getting disconnected.

This hotel is definitely not memorable. Everything was nice but it was missing that "je ne sais quoi" that could make it stellar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible, you'll have a nicer view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MatthewBarrington

We make every effort in providing our guests with sensational and memorable service. Hence we are disappointed to read your feedback. We hope you’ll consider coming back in the near future so that we can ‘wow’ you!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The actual stay at the hotel was OK, but I was disappointed by the online reservation process (several months ago), in which the web site didn't clearly inform me that the special price I got was because it was a noncancellable and prepaid rate. (I complained about this process, and I'm pleased to see that these terms are now listed when clicking "Terms and Conditions" and near the rate listing). In the room, I was pleased to see an offer for a $10 credit for choosing not to have the room cleaned up. But when I got the bill, I saw no credit, and when I asked a front-desk person, he didn't know about it until asking someone else about it. I shouldn't have had to asked for this credit. Finally, this hotel charges for parking and internet service. When looking on the website, the rooms are described as having internet access, but it doesn't say there's a charge for it. I thought the parking charge was a bit steep too ($13.50 per night with taxes).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Relect
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for being a Green Guest! We introduced our latest B Green Initiative this past month. We apologize that you were included in the learning curve, but can reassure you all teams are now well educated. We hope to welcome you back to Brookstreet again soon!