“What's The Hype?”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pseudo Kool Yuppie Hipster Hangout
Over priced, designer style food, that isn't as good as you might hear.
You'll read reviews that this is a must see/go to destination.
Maybe once, for me once was enough, because I went twice and was not impressed.
Uncomfortable seating, and sometimes so so service. For people who like to be seen and hangout as the "beautiful" people. Art is In is an appropriate name, it is kind of "Arty" it i kind of kool, maybe it's for you, after 2 tries, it is not for me.

6  Thank Bleuemoon2

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had no idea that it existed and was brought there by friends. It's located in a warehouse type place albeit quite central in the city.

European quality baked goods with a European price. Really enjoyed the breakfast there with a nice cup of coffee.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Art-is-in has the best baked goods and breads in the city, and you pay a high price for the high quality food. Out of town visitors should be aware of two things:

1) City Centre Ave is only accessible from Albert Street
2) Unless you arrive very early, be prepared for a long wait, often because of the amount of hipsters that frequent the place

It's often too bustling to be able to unwind, but thanks to its central location, you can easily grab a bite and head to on of Ottawa's many scenic outdoor attractions/parks to enjoy it

1  Thank FlipLvr
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place could not have been in a stranger location. I walked up and down Somerset street trying to figure out how to get down to that warehouse under the bridge where this place is located. Once I found it, the line up almost went up to the door (and this was on a rainy day). They have generous sitting room inside and outside but it still fills up fast so it is best to get there early.
I ordered the Buttermilk Brine chicken caesar sandwich. At $10.95, it definitely seemed pricey but once I got it, the portion size was quite big. The sandwich itself was excellent and bursting with flavour in every bite. Loved the Jalapeno cheddar bread! I have also heard good things about their tandoori chicken sandwich and the flatbread pizzas. I also took the 12 grain fennel baguette home and enjoyed some wonderful sandwiches for lunch for the rest of the week. Since this is so close to work, it is hard to resist making regular visits here. And I know people who drive a long way to try the food here. I went the second time and had the ham and cheese sandwich. That was good too but the chicken caesar one is still my favourite.
The success of Art Is In proves that taste and quality reign supreme.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A friend told me about this place and when we drove in, I was quite surprised. It was an Industrial area but the resto was packed-so I'm thinking they must be really good for folks to drive here. We went for Sunday brunch and it was delicious. The trick is to get one person to find and guard a table or spot to sit and the other person orders food. You'll get a table sign and the server brings food over. I had the french toast stacks with bacon, cheese and eggs. Wow, this was the most delicious brunch I can remember. I went back a second time and took a few more friends. Again, same experience. But, it's not cheap. But very, very good experience. You can also buy breads and pastries to take away.