“Atmosphere not my usual ,”
Review of Art Is In Bakery

Art Is In Bakery
Ranked #3 of 36 Bakeries in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Sudbury, Canada
“Atmosphere not my usual ,”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was a little surprised by the industrial setting for a place that came recommended by friends of ours, but very much impressed with the food and service, the atmosphere is laid back and relaxed, and the pricing is inline for fresh made food.

Visited March 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“I too wish for the old days....”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Mid-March, and my first visit since late last year. I attempted to visit in early January, only to make the trek & find it was closed for renovations. You would think they might have notified their customers on their website of this closure - not a chance; Facebook yes, but you couldn't pay me enough $$$ to join Facebook under any circumstance.

I digress... The renovations resulted in a much larger seating & waiting line area which was much needed, but has resulted in an even gloomier & more cavernous atmosphere. At lunch today, the dreadful music was way too loud & needn't have been - there is already enough noise with the customers & the echo from high industrial ceilings. The food is still excellent, but has become very over-priced, and I still come away from a visit there with the smell of cooking/grilling embedded in my clothing - perhaps better kitchen ventilation would improve this awful clinging smell?

All in all, this place has lost its "fun" appeal, the food has become very over-priced (although still good) - my small bowl of clam chowder & grilled cheese with caramelized onions cost over $15.00, & this sandwich was just about the cheapest thing on the menu. Just because this place has become better known & more popular since it first opened is no excuse for racking up the prices so much over the last year or so.

My overall impression is that Art-Is-In has gotten a little too big for its britches and has become very overpriced.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank stenotic
Ottawa
“I wish for the old days...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used to be a Saturday regular at Art-is-In when it wasn't as big or popular. Service was good, quick and the food was yummy. I stopped going about a year ago when it got too cavernous and the breakfast was actually mediocre. I ventured back about a week ago and it's gotten even bigger. I just left because of how slow the lineup moved in order to buy one loaf of bread. It's no longer the "cache" place to go.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Judy94
Waterloo, Canada
“Great food but Annoying atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food always. This bakery is a must when I visit Ottawa.
however this time..... Parking was a nightmare with warnings about tickets/towing.
Service was SNAIL S L O W (Still friendly) but the staff REALLY take their time with each customer... So, don't go if you are on a hurry. It took them 22 minutes to take the order and bring a FANTASTIC meet ball sandwich.
UNFORTUNATELY, two ladies decided to breast feed their babies in front of us...... WELL, the visit was ruined.
Next time I will spare a full hour to get my FANTASTIC SANDWICH TO GO!
Cheers!

5 Thank Ali B
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“great bakery”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

They have creative brunch on Sunday's and excellent lunch all week. They do not serve dinner. There breads and pastries are the best in the city.

• Visited February 2013