“Best little coffee house in Ottawa”
Review of The Daily Grind - CLOSED

The Daily Grind
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Seriously...how can one place have so much! Laid back, amazing food,some of the best coffee I've had in my life, paper and pencils to doodle with while you wait...LOVE this place! I've been going here since that beautiful day they opened and cannot imagine how "puertogordito" could ever have such an experience at such a warm and welcoming place. Are you sure you were at The Daily Grind????

2  Thank synergy3
There are newer reviews for The Daily Grind

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stopped in here for dessert and coffee after reading about their gluten free menu online. The place was eclectic and the service was friendly. We sat on a comfortable sofa facing the big, sunny front window and enjoyed both the ambiance and the food. The iced latte was refreshing. I also tried a raw, vegan chocolate and peanut butter dessert. The portion was generous and tasty. My husband had a big slice of GF chocolate cake and raved about it. Good to know they serve an all-day breakfast. We'll definitely be stopping in here again.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was a very bad experience. When for brunch and had horrible service and after 45 minutes i checked with the kitchen re the delay (we had a 1 year old with us) and were told that if we did not like the place then we should leave. Having had 2 coffee (which while slow were good) I asked how much the bill was and was told we would have to pay for the orders (which had not even been started!). We (group of 4 + child) protested and as they slung down a badly cooked scrambled egg and one slice of orange the change to say we owed for the coffees and the egg ($9.61 in total) At the cash the server started to berate me on our attitude and that we "did not get the place".

We also notice another table complaining about the service and they left also. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS RESTAURANT.

5  Thank puertogordito
krissy w, Owner at The Daily Grind, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

I am very sorry for the experience you had at The Daily Grind. At The Daily Grind we strive to make everyone feel welcomed and at home...as if you were a guest in our own living room. But much like every other human being and establishment run by human beings, we are not perfect and do have days when we all fall short of all of our ideals. I hope you can forgive whatever took place that day, knowing that we are always working to improve and move forward. Sincerely, Krissy White