“Needs a good scrubbing”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Needs a good scrubbing”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to this location for decades. Took my kids the other day started noticing dirt, split and stuck food on the walls, paint chipping and dirty windows. Nails sticking out of the walls where art used to hang etc. I love this place but they need to clean BADLY! Just a suggestion to the lovely owners of this potentially amazing diner.... Close it down for a few days and get the Mr. Clean going. Give her a good coat of paint also and you'll be good to go. Food is good. Service is friendly but needed reminders for cream for coffee, milk for tea, etc. Really hope it works out.
Any place that makes Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes for the kids is alright with me! A true old school diner!

Visited March 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Great food and authentic diner feel. Nothing fancy. Cool that you can watch the cooks at work. Food was great and reasonably priced. I will go back.

OTTAWA
“Meadows Lunch Picture is incorrect”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recall meadows as fast and hot
but service has slowed considerably.
Cash only.
Across from Dow Honda and a good place to eat before picking up your car from day-service

The picture shown is not the current restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
White Lake, ON
“A good lunch without breaking the bank”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was the second visit to Meadows Lunch and it was an improvement.
The previous time there was do debit or credit card option and they had an ATM in the corner. Now they have debit and credit card payment and the ATM is gone.
The restaurant itself has not changed to much. They still have the menu on the chalkboard wall and the all day breakfast. I went with a co-worker and she had BLT with fries and a side of gravy while I had the all day breakfast. Beth meals were very good and my eggs were over easy with three sausages and home fries. The sausages were properly cooked and the home fries were great. The french fries of my co-worker were good too. My meal was $8:00 and my co-worker's was $12:00. I would recommend this restaurant for a good inexpensive lunch or breakfast.

• Visited June 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
“Not worth the wait....”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went for breakfast on a Saturday. The restaurant has a great diner feel to it. The waiter on the floor was attentive. But, the place was not very busy, only three orders posted to be filled, ours included, and we waited 30 or perhaps 40 minutes for egg breakfast. Small details, I ordered the really large platter as my son was looking for "ham, eggs, toast, pancakes", and it had them all. Sadly, the toast I ordered dry was heavily buttered and the pancakes strikingly absent. The waiter asked me to let him know when I wanted the pancakes......thankfully we didn't wait more than 5 minutes for these. Thinking they would find us too full to ask for them later. Potatoes we super duper salty. All said, it wasn't bad, great place to go for the atmosphere, but nothing to seek out.
Of note, the sandwiches looked great.

• Visited March 2013