“Hidden gem”

Burrito Borracho
Ranked #369 of 2,855 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Love this place. I sometimes go with my boyfriend, by myself or a group of friends. It is definitely super small though. Cheap menu with amazing burritos. I would recommend any of the items except the quesadillas (they are essentially just a grilled tortilla with cheese and a bit of meat on the inside--not worth the cost). Service is good because of the small size and food is made quickly. On Thursdays they have $4.50 margaritas with a variety of flavours I go there often with my girlfriends on these nights. The restaurant definitely has a "Mexican" atmosphere and a large selection of tequilas. Every person I have brought to this place has returned in their own time. Would definitely recommend if you aren't looking for anything fancy, and are just looking for a cheap and tasty meal.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The food here wasn't bad but not to die for. The prices for certain items are reasonable, for others not. There were two kids in our party of six that ordered plain quesadillas with no extras, and we were charged $7.25 for that. They describe some dishes as including guacamole and when they brought them, we ask where is itand we are told they ran out of it. The service was really slow. For what we paid, we expected much more.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very small restaurant with a small patio outside (like 4 tables) with not much place to move your legs (if you are a tall person).
We had Chicken Enchilada and 10 inch, Chicken Quasedilla.
We sat outside with a few drinks and waited for our food (for take out).
I found the portion to be very small, especially the chicken Quasedilla.
I probably would not go back.
I enjoyed the decor and the ambiance but overall I had better elsewhere.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

It is a very small restaurant with limited seating (5 tables and a bar) on the lower level. The kitchen and the take-out counter are on the upper level. I ordered the pork enchiladas and it was yummy! The beans were well cooked, soft and tasty. The side portion of rice was small, but the quantity was just right for a meal for me.

All the tables and the tall-chairs at the bar were occupied and there was only 1 server who doubled-up as the bartender whipping up margaritas, etc. And the service was good, polite and efficient.

Next time, I'm going to try their tortilla soup, nachos, homemade salsa (extra hot) and burritos.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was cold and wanted a hot soup. I came to the right place. The bowl is small but really tasty. The place is very small but the food seems to be authentically mexican. I also had the fish taco which was ok. The churros I had for desert were hard and burnt at the ends.

2  Thank danielle m