“Clean room, helpful staff, close to attractions”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
“Clean room, helpful staff, close to attractions”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The hotel was clean so I was quite happy with that. The air conditioner vents were not as clean as I would have liked it to be. It seemed the overall room was cleaned by the cleaning staff really well except the air conditioning vents were neglected. I was delighted by the hotel staff front desk whom helped with my parents and I with locations of attractions and a very helpful map of how to walk around the downtown area. The beds (we had a king size and a sofa bed) were both soft and clean. The other complaint I had would be the sofa bed's fleece blanket was old and had rips and holes in it. We didn't use the kitchen but it was nice to have a room with a full size kitchen. I have to mention that our stove's coil ring was broken but we didn't use it anyways. It was our first time in Ottawa so I was impressed by this hotel and would recommend it to others as well as stay again for my next visit back. Pros: Clean floor and bathroom, soft beds, clean bed sheets, mattress, and pillows, handheld shower head, helpful and polite staff, close to walking distance attractions like Parliament Hill and Museum of Nature, free local calling in room, free wifi in room, free breakfast buffet and snack grab bags, quiet hotel despite being surrounded by bars and pubs. Cons: dusty vents (important info for people with allergies), old ripped blanket for the sofa bed, and broken stove coil ring that should have been replaced before we arrived. Overall, I am pleased with the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
S. Paulo, Brasil
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is simply amazing. We bought a room and got a very large suite with hall, big kitchen, dining room, living room, desk with computer and printer, balcony, nice bathroom and a comfortable room. Free strong Wi-Fi all over the building.
Complete breakfast with cooked to order omelettes is served in the mornings. There you can also pickup a free picnic bag for your day out.
The location is perfect, walking distance to pubs, restaurants, beautiful Ottawa downtown, Parliament Buildings, Chateau Laurier, Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica,etc.
Very nice and helpful staff

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and the suite is even better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Corner Brook, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Clean, great location, excellent price. Dated, however perfect for family or individual. Parking on street is free or $15. At hotel. Walking distance to mostly everywhere downtown. Staff is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank beverlyodriscoll
Napanee, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I and another couple stayed at this hotel for the second time on May 22, 2014. Once again we were impressed by the features of our room. Although it was not as large as the suite we had on our first visit, the room was very clean and bright and equipped with everything one would need. The breakfast was also very good and parking was free. The check in was quick and the clerk friendly and helpful.

Considering the location, only about a 10 minute walk from Parliament Hill, the room and the breakfast, we don't think we could get better value elsewhere. The lack of a swimming pool, a feature we rarely use, is one reason the value is so good.We'll certainly go back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was not our first time staying at The Business Inn and again we were not disappointed. The staff at the reception desk are great... friendly and professional. The room/suite was spacious and very comfortable. It's also close to some of the best restaurants and pubs in Ottawa. Walking distance to Parliament Hill, museums, ByWard Market etc... Our only disappointment was that we couldn't stay another night... book early, it is becoming a very popular choice.

Toronto
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I used this hotel last year and it was great. I won't repeat all the good things about the great staff, good location, OK breakfast etc.

Not good this time.

A month ago, I reserved a large suite. I called the day before my stay to confirm my suite and let them know my late arrival. When I got there, they gave me a smaller suite, "Because it was the only one left" = didn't hold my suite :( The AC worked, TV didn't, burnt our lights, bumpy bed, torn furniture and dangerous electric outlets touching the bed (see pics). They fixed the lights and TV that night, but didn't agree to give me another room or suite until the next day. Second room had some things wrong, but was much better. This room AC was not working well, so they gave me a fan - it helped a little.

I might stay there 1 more time, but not more if I have problems that time.

Lesson = you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Enjoyed our stay here and it really is difficult to find any faults, perhaps what you have to bear in mind is it's not a luxury/boutique hotel but it has everything you need, is spotlessly clean and very good value for money, also location is good, about 10 minutes walk to Parliament Hill.
We had a studio on the 7th. floor with a balcony, all studios above the 5th. floor have balconies although they are unfurnished. The room was very spacious, dining area, good kitchen area and although the units were dated it was all really clean and full of pots, pans, electric kettle, coffee maker, microwave, fridge/freezer ... you name it and it was there!
We also had lots of storage, two double wardrobes, cupboards and lots of drawer space. There was a large flat screen T.V and if you were on business there was a computer and printer. The free wi-fi we found reliable and fast when we used it.
I think our only slight complaints were the lack of a safe in the room and the bed. Although it was very comfortable it was just a standard size, not even a queen,so a bit on the small side. As it was very warm in the room this exacerbated the problem. The air con was effective but noisy although we did also have two electric fans which were quieter,
Breakfast is included in the rate and consists of a help yourself buffet, hot and cold and lots to choose from, we had toasted muffins with egg, sausage and bacon but you could choose whatever you wanted, it was all cooked while you wait.
Parking is available underground, we had a large parking space for 15$ a day, come and go as you please.
Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Reception staff were friendly and helpful and gave us some good advice about the local attractions, places to eat etc.

Room Tip: Floors above 5th. floor have balconies.