“Loved it!”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and efficient staff. Huge studio room, full kitchen, good sized bathroom. Desktop computer with a printer in the room. You could live there. The only small criticism of the room is that our room over looked Elgin St which is a very busy and at times noisy street. We were on the second floor and could have done with some shears to draw over the huge windows. Excellent breakfast included in the price alas served on paper plates with plastic cutlery. I doubt you would find better value in central Ottawa.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently stayed at The Business Inn in Ottawa. The hotel exceeded our expecations and we really enjoyed our stay. First, the location is perfect. It is situated right downown (Elgin & MacLaren). This is just blocks from all the attractions in Ottawa; Parliment, Musems Sparks St. mall. The service staff went our of their way to help us find what we were looking for and had great ideas for sightseeing. Next; the value was second to none; the room was HUGE, with more amenaties then expected. There were two massive 50" flascreen TVs, a computer terminal with printer, right in suite! The wi-fi internet is FREE with the room and was much fastwer than what I have at home (impressive). Even the mattress was above par; it was so conmortable and soft, I Islept like a baby and awoke refeshed. There was also a FREE complimentary breakfast in the morning; this included made to order brakfast sandwiches and hasbrowns! All for the very reasonable price of $128 a night. The staff was attentive and cleaned the room with care. We arrived home, after a long day of sightseeing and the staff had arranged my daughters stuffed animals on the bed, she got a kick out of that. To top it all off, the resturant; MacLearn's was fabulous with pool tables and giant screen TVs for watching the hockey game. I was sad to leave, we had such an excellent stay. With value like this I would whole hartedly recommend to anyone staying in Ottawa; family, business or simply vacation. Well done Business Inn!

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff service and features are excellent. Lots of small things add up. Everything is there in your room = computer, printer, paper, large flat screen TVs. comfortable bed, lots of pillows, etc. Hand shower head instead of those annoying fixed ones. 6 free laundry washers and 6 dryers on 4th floor - even the soap is free. Breakfast is not fancy but very good and made to order and free; there is a fridge full of bottled water and paper coffee cups to take with.

And they listen and notice what you do - for example, I always move the tissue box and waste basket from bathroom to bedroom for my convenience. All hotels move it back each day so I need to move it again daily - but this hotel left it where I needed it and gave me another box and basket in the bathroom.

6 real pillows on the bed, not those printed useless ones. Bed is very high with super thick mattress, very quiet rooms.

Small issue was bathroom sink was blocked at my late check-in, I called and they fixed it the next morning.

Another nice touch is they always open the electric doors from the front desk when they see you come and go. Taxi right in front, or they call for you, most wait time was 3 minutes, not 10 or 20 minutes.

Price and location also very good for restaurants etc.

I will definitely go back; a real hidden treasure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Huge room, super clean, 5min walk to Parliament, friendly staff, great breakfast, outstanding price for a downtown hotel.....this is the best value in a hotel I've had in years. Anyone coming to Ottawa for any reason should stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Business Inn in Ottawa is an excellent choice both for people visiting for just one or two days and business travelers checking in for an extended stay. It is conveniently located a few minutes walk from the main shopping strip and all major sights. Still the location in a side street makes it reasonably quiet. Parking is available at a reasonable 17 CAD per day on the hotel's own parking lot or in their parking garage.

The rooms are very spacious and clean. The equipment inside the rooms leaves absolutely nothing to be desired. Our room sported a full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker and all the essential tableware. Also, we had a 46" TV with cable TV, which is something I have never seen before in a hotel of this price range. They even provide a full Personal Computer with printer. If you stay for an extended period of time, they offer to ship a webcam to your family so you can Skype with them. If you bring your own tech equipment, there is free WiFi with the best speed I have ever experienced in any hotel (14 MBit down / 6.5 MBit up). From the room, we had access to a balcony with a view of the city.
The only thing we did not like too much was the rather soft bed but that is really a matter of individual preference.

There are washing machines and dryers available to all guests free of charge on the fourth floor. If you need dry cleaning, they will have it done for you at no markup.

Staff are friendly and very efficient. I had my car parked in a tow away zone for check in and got my room key and parking spot allocated in record time so I could rush back out immediately and move it to the parking lot. Also they very good breakfast, with made to order breakfast muffins and a large variety of food to chose from.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid rooms on the fourth floor next to the laundry area as washing machines and d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Comfy bed.Full kitchen. Walking distance to attractions. Delicious hot breakfast. Great hotel experience!

Love the full kitchen and full fridge. Can easily provide our own meals for our vacation if we choose.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. We selected it because of its price and location. I was certainly not expecting a beautiful apartment unit that provided all the amenities of home.

So glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous.
1  Thank D D