“Delicious food, great service, nice atmosphere”

Pinelopi's Greek Kitchen
Ranked #152 of 2,785 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa
“Delicious food, great service, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten here twice and, both times, my companions and I were impressed with the restaurant. The food was delicious and came in generous portions and the service was friendly and attentive. It was a bit expensive for Greek food, but the portions and quality of food made up for it. Both the beef and lamb souvlaki were tender and tasty, and the chicken with lemon, marinated in rosemary and thyme was delicious. The Classic salad didn't have enough cucumbers; I enjoyed the Greek salad more -- and it was less expensive.

Definitely a place worth going to. :)

• Visited October 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Pinelopi's, for friendly service and excellent food”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Jean and I have experienced many fine lunches and dinners at Pinelopi's in the past couple of years. We have introduced family and friends and have never heard a negative word spoken about either the food or the service. Tonight was no exception. I had the smelts, which are the best I've had anywhere, and the rib steak. Perfection! Jean started with the hummus and followed this up with the Greek salad with chicken. Tonight was kind of frantic, with most tables occupied and a steady stream of diners entering with obvious anticipation. The service remained calm and efficient and no-one was kept waiting.

I note that abkw231 has indicated his/her dissatisfaction with the Greek salad, criticizing excessive oiliness and a 90% content of tomatoes. I have ordered and enjoyed the Greek salad many times and have yet to find more than two or three slices of tomato in it. As for excessive quantities of oil, rubbish! I seriously doubt that this reviewer has ever eaten at Pinelopi's, I think that he/she is writing on behalf of a rival restaurant or is simply confused.

I write these words because I truly and honestly enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere at Pinelopi's. It is an excellent family restaurant with authentic Greek cuisine and it is priced competitively, not excessively.

• Visited October 2012
Ottawa
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I now have gone there 3 times for lunch and 1 for Supper.

The price is very reasonable and the service is excellant and family-like.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank JohannOttawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Not Worth The Money!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Service - Excellent (our server was a young man and we had a very attractive young lady with us. (hmmmmm).

Greek Salad - very oily, mostly (90%) tomatoes, not much taste.
Side dishes - Beans cooked beyond recognition (the was the same with all the dishes that we ordered. They actually tasted like canned green beans.
Main dishes - tasteless.

Will not go back.
$68.00 for 3 people - no drinks. Not worth the money.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank abkw231
“Best Greek is Barrhaven”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Title says it all. Eat here! Food is fresh and tastes like home. I would highly recomend.

Prices are pretty high but hey once in a while spending money on good food is fine.