“You can't beat the ambiance”

Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa
Ranked #115 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mill Street took on the vibrant Ottawa craft beer scene in 2002, choosing a 140 year old historic gristmill to bring a brewpub to the capital. Get both a historic and craft beer experience with breathtaking seats overlooking the Riviere des Outaouais, an unbeatable patio and beers brewed on site, exclusive to Ottawa Brewpub visitors. About Mill Street Brewery: With an earth-friendly philosophy in mind, Original Organic Lager was the first beer we ever made, and the first ever organic beer brewed in Canada. Soon after we impressed curious craft drinkers with Tankhouse Ale, a uniquely flavour-forward brew for its time. In 2006, we exceeded the capacity of our modest brewhouse and made the decision to expand the brewery, converting the original brewery space into a brewpub. 2012 saw us take on Ottawa's vibrant craft beer scene, opening a second brewpub in a historic old gristmill on the banks of the Ottawa River. We certainly never lost our dedication to our craft and passion for pushing the envelope. Our ever-expanding portfolio now includes over 60 unique beers earning us well over 100 awards, including 3-time Canadian Brewery of the Year. That's our story up till now. Who knows where our "Great Beer" adventure will take us next?
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Came walking over the Portage bridge from our hotel in Gatineau looking for a place for Saturday night dinner. This immediately caught our attention. Set amidst the ruins of an old mill, the patios overlooking the river looked amazing. The perfect ambiance for a nice relaxing dinner and a few good beers. Being from Toronto, we are quite familiar with the great taste & high quality of Mill Street brews. We actually ended up on the patio at the front which still had great ambiance and a great server. I am a beer geek, and our server Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. The fish & chips were good, and my wife enjoyed the fish taco. Four pints, dinner & an incredible piece of chocolate cake came to $70, quite reasonable in my opinion for this area. From the front we could see a parking lot under the bridge, but my advice would be cab it or walk so that you can try more of the beers.

There are newer reviews for Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Honestly I would call my self a foodie and I do eat out a lot. However, the service I received here was unsurpassed. Our server's name was "Amanda B" and she was not only prompt and orderly but seemed to genuinely care about the quality of our food and drinks. Needless to say we will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Perfect way to spend a Summer's day. Large patio, great food and quality beer. Server Sheena was very friendly and knowledgeable. We arrived quite early and it was already quite busy but it didn't seem to impact on service too much. My advice would be to get there early to secure a good table and try the nachos with pulled pork and a glass of Amber!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love the beer, would love to attend the brew masters dinner!

Amanda was excellent.

Dominiquesr@gmail.com

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I like the idea of this place. The location is quaint, parking may be a challenge, but this is downtown, I have no expectations.
The beer is good and I like how the menu uses the beer in the food.
I find that the food is just ok, considering they out so much thought into it, you'd think it would be better though.
I find the menu greasy and bland at times.
Service is good, some servers are better than others. Gettin seated can also be a challenge as it tends to get dizzy.
The venue is very pretty.
The prices are a bit steep for what you get.

With a bit of work on the food, this place should get better, it's still quite new.