“a good ol' time”

Mill St. Brew Pub Ottawa
Ranked #227 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mill Street took on the vibrant Ottawa craft beer scene in 2002, choosing a 140 year old historic gristmill to bring a brewpub to the capital. Get both a historic and craft beer experience with breathtaking seats overlooking the Riviere des Outaouais, an unbeatable patio and beers brewed on site, exclusive to Ottawa Brewpub visitors. About Mill Street Brewery: With an earth-friendly philosophy in mind, Original Organic Lager was the first beer we ever made, and the first ever organic beer brewed in Canada. Soon after we impressed curious craft drinkers with Tankhouse Ale, a uniquely flavour-forward brew for its time. In 2006, we exceeded the capacity of our modest brewhouse and made the decision to expand the brewery, converting the original brewery space into a brewpub. 2012 saw us take on Ottawa's vibrant craft beer scene, opening a second brewpub in a historic old gristmill on the banks of the Ottawa River. We certainly never lost our dedication to our craft and passion for pushing the envelope. Our ever-expanding portfolio now includes over 60 unique beers earning us well over 100 awards, including 3-time Canadian Brewery of the Year. That's our story up till now. Who knows where our "Great Beer" adventure will take us next?
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't understand the negative reviews...went here with some buddies for my birthday last month and I gotta say, we had a really great time. We all got burgers and well, they were cheap and delicious. I'll admit that all of their beers aren't terrific. My fav is their signature organic brew. Ironically the only thing I consume that's organic is a beer :) I can't compare with the TO location as I've never been. I just have to say the staff was very nice and perfect location with nice scenery for customers. Only complaint was they should take reservations for large groups like the one I had. We sort of lucked out by getting a table without any wait but I was just confused why they wouldn't want to take reservations in preparation for large groups.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food was good, but prices for pubfare are creeping up here. Beer is good, although admittedly, the sample size was small. Service was fine. It's loud, not shouting across the table loud, but loud.

Certainly is a great locale, with easy access and parking. It's a place that everyone should try out once, whether one would go back again and again? I wouldn't but only because it's a little loud, and there are plenty of Oaks and other brewpubs in town (although I do like the Mill St beer).

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I went there for a dinner.

Frankly, the service was not that great.

We were both mostly disappointed by the food. Our crab and spinach dip had, for some reason, only some taste on its top...bottom part was just a dip of some sort...could not tell what.

We decided to share a chicken poutine and bison burger. Both were tasteless, except for the hot peppers in burger. I already had bison burger at other places before and even wonder if it was bison or regular beef.

Not sure if we will return...but the beer might have us to do other wise!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went here yesterday with my parents for dinner around 7pm. It was a very nice meal. We all enjoyed our meals. It was a nice old stone building that was warm and inviting. It was not too loud inside so we were able to have a conversation without yelling. Our server was quick, helpful, and friendly. The portion size was perfect for me. I would have liked to have tried dessert, but I had no room.
I will definitely go back to this place and would recommend others give it a try.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I love Mill Street brews. They are flavourful, nicely balanced and in a range of styles that makes it possible to try something new every time.
The menu at the brewpub looks like it would be just as good, but the day we went there we were unable to try anything. A potentially deadly nut allergy was disclosed and the server was very apologetic, but didn't think he could safely serve us because of the use of nuts in the kitchen. What a disappointment!
I hope they figure out how to safely serve people with allergies, because I'd love to go there again.