“A good economy hotel”

Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“A good economy hotel”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

A reasonable review should reflect not only a customers experience, but also the price paid and the expectation going in. In this instance I knew that I was heading to an economy inn, but still hoping that the mention by some previous visitors to the inn being newly renovated would hint at a pleasant surprise. In any case I was neither disappointed nor pleasantly surprise. The corridors of the inn, as well as the rug in the room showed their age and are clearly due for renovation. However, they were clean, and there was no odor of staleness. The room was clean (albeit old fashioned), and the bathroom looked fresh and may have been recently renovated.

The wifi signal in the room, all important to a geek like me, was strong. The free Ottawa Citizen gave me an opportunity to acquaint myself with a very good newspaper, and the continental breakfast was sparse, but with a single exception, very welcome. That exception was the brownish colored hot water that masqueraded as coffee, but that was otherwise undrinkable. The 'coffee' was undrinkable, all three days I stayed, both in the conference room where the continental breakfast was offered as well as at the front desk. Maybe the owners are not coffee drinkers, and maybe I am particular in my coffee taste, but that coffee was really underwhelming.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank George C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wellsville, Utah
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We came to this hotel after checking out early from a horrible downtown hotel. Obviously newly remodeled, they exceeded our expectations with great rooms, great internet, great continental breakfast and a great rate that was close to half of the downtown hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve S
Sooke B.C.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just spent a night at the Inn, large clean room on the 2nd floor, nice and quiet at the back. Window opens so you can get some fresh air. Continental breakfast was great, all you would want to start your day. Newly installed elevator makes it easy to get up and down to your room, lobby or breakfast. Definitely would stay here again, only $1 more than the other Inn I usually use and much better. Close to the airport and a quick drive to downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SookeB.C.Schoolbus
Ottawa
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Clean large room that looks newly renovated. TV was new and offered lots of channel choices. We would stay there again. The lobby needs some work and looked to be under renovation but the individual room were very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Alar P
Grand Manan, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Cost and proximity to the EY Center was why I chose this hotel. Reviews I had seen were all favorable but mentioned that the elevator didn't work and that wifi was weak. Well the elevator was still inoperable (what's the story?) You would think a motel could get an elevator repaired in 2 months (one of the earlier reviews I had read from 2 months ago stated elevator didn't work)

The wifi was worse than dial-up. I don't understand how a supposedly modern facility could neglect such an important component of communication and commerce.

I would never stay here again simply because of the wifi inadequacy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank wallace m
LeonAdam, Owner at Adam's Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Wallace

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our Inn. In response to the Wifi being weak. I have no explanation in regards to your case because we have had very few if any complaints on our internet being slow. But I can sympathize with you because at home my wifi can be weak at home for no apparent reason. Please know your concern you will be followed with our internet provider being Rogers. We do have a 24 hour tech support for our wifi in the hotel, please bring any problems to our attention I guarantee that we will look at resolving any issues immediately.
As for the elevator , this is a new elevator and not a repair. New installations take about two months considering the pre construction work before installation. As an owner no one is more impatient than I am in seeing this project completed. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience but be assured that I am committed in offering all our guests the best quality and service. I hope would reconsider staying with us in the near future.
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I needed a room for the night as I arrived late in Ottawa and didn't want to disturb my friends with whom I was going to stay for a few days. The room was clean and spacious with a very comfortable queen size bed, a fridge but no coffee maker, although coffee was available in the lobby. The continental breakfast was ample but nothing special. There was a good internet connection. It would be nice if they had a shuttle service for the airport. The taxi was $18 including the tip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Henry P
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Rooms are very large ! comfortable and clean. Dunn's restaurant in walking distance. Will stay here again. It was 8.00 cab ride to grocery store (Farm Boy and Giant). across the street from a cemetery...easy landmark. Not far from airport. Far enough from road, no road noise. muffins and coffee complimentary. Daily maid service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family