“Meat Pie with Rocks” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Ottawa, Canada
“Meat Pie with Rocks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went there once and enjoyed the mixed BBQ Platter although the potatoes and rice tasted like they were made a few days before. I ordered from there yesterday and they were out of Samosas so I got the meat pies instead. The first one I ate about half then bit into something that felt like a rock - ouch! I tossed it and tried another and got the same result on the second bite. I spit it out and looked at the culprit. Sure looks like a rock to me. Never again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa, ON
“Love it....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've had food here many times...I just ordered the mixed shawarma dinner for 2 and 3 skewers of kafta kebab, and it was excellent. It fed two adults, two kids, and we have enough left over for at least one more meal. The sandwiches are great for one person, but the plates or family dinners are where the values at. Lots of Middle Eastern folks eating here, too, so you know it's good. I love this place. I ordered take out.

• Visited April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Hope you love garlic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a long cold walk we finally reached our destination. The food was good but meat portions were on the smaller size but filled up on the rice, humus and rice. But the garlic sauce was great - very strong bordering burning sensation when eating it which the way I like it. Actually it was still performing aromatherapy the next day. The service was ok but not very friendly or courteous and should learn to smile. The place was old and can certainly use an upgrade. If your there in winter don't sit in the area close to the door.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto
“Shawarma King on Rideau: cold bony meat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm not sure if this one on Rideau is the same chain or different as the almost-identically named one on Bank. I went for takeout, and was too lazy to walk in the cold to Shawarma Palace--never again! The meat after my short walk home (inside bread, inside foil, inside my bag) was stone cold, and had bones in it. Service not very friendly or prompt, even though the place was empty.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Ordered takeout, food arrived cold.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Take out was delivered 10 minutes after promised delivery time and my food was cold. The wings were overdone and hard, the salad was mostly croutons.

Visited December 2012