“Shopping lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice lunch, on a sunday. Good service and no problem to change the menu,
To adapt to what I actually wanted to order. Food was ok.
I really enjoyed the nice atmosphere.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Popped in pre-show, on a Sunday night. No problems getting seated right off. Server was pleasant and efficient, running down the specials for the night. Oddly/unfortunately they were out of several popular staples- the calamari, rice, and a couple other dishes. Went with the lamb shank - tender though the glaze/reduction a bit on the salty side, and could have been hotter. Comes with decent roasted veg and mash, though small portion. Partner ordered the new York steak but a miscommunication resulted in a sirloin arriving instead. No problem switching out, and the server kindly offered to adjust the price. Also offered to reheat my plate while we waited - nice gesture. Steak was thin (and therefore on the dry side) and of middling quality - but it was cooked and spiced fine. Bottle of Lindeman's Shiraz was thoroughly enjoyed. Pear cheesecake followed; ok but cinnamon overpowered. A bit pricey for the type of casual fare offered, but well located if you don't want to fuss with finding a spot in the Market, and definitely a nice, quiet option compared to other Rideau Centre offerings.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here, it was ok - the restaurant itself was cold, it even had extra heaters on the floor. Waiter was very nice.

1  Thank SweetVanillaCSmooth
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The good: The restaurant is in a great location in the city. We got a window seat and it had a great view. The chairs are like living chairs and very comfortable. The decorations were very pretty and the service was good. The food was very tasty.

The bad: For the price of the food, I was surprised how small of servings we were given. The pasta came in a very small bowl and the wrap was wrapped in probably the smallest flat bread available. We ordered a spinach dip and in came in a very small bowl with very little bread to dip in.

Summary: I would go again if I was near it and was very hungry, but the food is common food that could be bought elsewhere for less or in larger quantities. We ended up having to go to a diner just to get more food.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

People are saying not to go to this place. I went anyway and I found the food very good. I had the chicken pesto on a wrap with extra bacon with a Shiraz. I found the food very tasty. The mashed potatoes were offered with the skin. I loved the potatoes. The gravy was thick and tasty. The chicken was well cooked. Overall I had a good time over there. So next time you are in the neaborhood stop there. I can only speak for the chicken pesto wrap though.