“Good food, great atmosphere, but small servings.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Exchange - CLOSED

The Exchange
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Contemporary, Pub, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York
“Good food, great atmosphere, but small servings.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The good: The restaurant is in a great location in the city. We got a window seat and it had a great view. The chairs are like living chairs and very comfortable. The decorations were very pretty and the service was good. The food was very tasty.

The bad: For the price of the food, I was surprised how small of servings we were given. The pasta came in a very small bowl and the wrap was wrapped in probably the smallest flat bread available. We ordered a spinach dip and in came in a very small bowl with very little bread to dip in.

Summary: I would go again if I was near it and was very hungry, but the food is common food that could be bought elsewhere for less or in larger quantities. We ended up having to go to a diner just to get more food.

• Visited January 2013

Gatineau, Quebec
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

People are saying not to go to this place. I went anyway and I found the food very good. I had the chicken pesto on a wrap with extra bacon with a Shiraz. I found the food very tasty. The mashed potatoes were offered with the skin. I loved the potatoes. The gravy was thick and tasty. The chicken was well cooked. Overall I had a good time over there. So next time you are in the neaborhood stop there. I can only speak for the chicken pesto wrap though.

Ottawa
“Ok food, convenient location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

A few of us will go to the Exchange because it's in the Rideau Centre, and there's normally not too much of a wait. The food is generally fine, but just normal Ottawa pub type food.

Service can be hit or miss. Sometimes it's very prompt, while other times there will be long waits. I've also noticed that some staff are very slow to refill a soft drink, but will bring new beers quickly.

One of my biggest problems with the Exchange is the seating. Benches and the stools have one armrest, which makes it hard to fit two people (with winter coats) at the table, or to sit comfortably at all.

• Visited January 2013
Ottawa, ON
“Great pub for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ate here New Years eve for lunch. I was suprise that the food was well prepared and arrived at our table hot in view how busy it was and being New Years Eve. The prices were average and what i expected for a burger, sandwich and a couple of beers. The waitress was reasonably attentive. I would eat here again.

Visited December 2012
Kirsch les Sierck
“Excellent burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great cheeseburgers and efficient service! Very good portions, we were not able to finish our plates! A bit cold in the restaurant but the draft probably came from the entrance doors to the mall which are just next to the restaurant.

Visited December 2012