“A bargain dinner!”

Cuisines: Swedish
carleton place
“A bargain dinner!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The other day, my husband and I were shopping at Ikea, and since it was close to supper, we ate at the restaurant. For under thirty dollars, in total, we had a salmon dinner that included veggies with a maple sauce for me and meatballs and mashed potatoes for hubby (I would have purchased a salad as well, but he didn't). We washed it down with wine for me and a beer for him, plus a shared dessert (chocolate truffle square - deliciously rich). I think I will do this more often. Although I was used to eating lunch at Ikea, I had never before thought of having supper there. From now on, especially when travelling, I would consider this option.

• Visited April 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Good for what it is”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'm giving this a 3-star rating, since for a cafeteria-type eatery, their food is quite decent. But, if comparing to a dine-in restaurant, then this would be down around a 2-star.

Atmosphere is interesting - you're eating inside a GIANT furniture store!

All in all, a decent, quick, cheap meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Trillium_Family
Ottawa, ON
“Ikea cafeteria: OK”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The setup reminds me of a university cafeteria! Only with less selection and a half-hour long lineup, and we didn't even go on a busy day. My brother had the meatballs & fries & gravy & lingon berry sauce and salad and some kind of spinach pancake. He said that all of it it was good. I tried the soups which were pretty good (mushroom and also vegetable). Didn't like the bun - too crunchy and a little sweet. Also I tried the almond torte. It was alright - not too sweet and tasted a lot like cream.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank spykitten
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place for an inexpensive meal while shopping.”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The IKEA restaurant has expanded to over 600 seats and has a very good selection of inexpensive food choices. From simple muffin & coffee to a full meal like meatballs and potatoes there would seem to be something for everyone. The meals are so good, and inexpensive, that there are often a group of people waiting at opening time to have breakfast before starting their shopping.

Service is cafeteria, self serve style although I did notice staff assisting some customers (elderly and mothers with kids) who needed an extra hand.

The decor is simple and is all IKEA furniture that can be purchased on-site.

A set aside children's area with smaller tables ringed with larger ones provides a good area for parents to take a break with their youngsters. The aisles within the restaurant are wide enough to allow for negotiating both shopping carts as well as strollers and wheelchairs.

There are also areas with couches and side tables which is a nice touch.

A separate take-out snack bar on-site seems to be very popular.
As well most of the food offerings in the restaurant and snack bar area is available for bulk purchasing on-site for you to prepare and enjoy at home.

• Visited December 2011