“Brand New, Very Clean, Huge Rooms”

Courtyard Ottawa East
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Edmonton, Canada
“Brand New, Very Clean, Huge Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights while on a business trip. This is a brand new hotel and you could tell - everything is in good condition. The room I had faced a highway yet you could not hear any noise. It was very quiet, which made for great sleep. My room was HUGE - the size of a suite in most other hotels. Upon entering the room, there is a hallway with a little ledge at the end of it for you to put keys etc. There is a reasonable sized closet and a very large, two tiered work desk with ample plug ins for all your electronics. Chair for the table was very comfortable. Definitely designed for a business traveller. There was a comfy couch which converts into a queen sized bed. The king bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean. There was also a kitchenette area with a bar sink, a mini fridge, a microwave and lots of storage space and kitchen counter. The bathroom was very large and clean. Did not find any hairs on towels or sheets or bathroom. There was an iron and ironing board in the closet.

The only thing I found odd was that there was no in-room safe. I looked everywhere and in every drawer and could not find one. The AC unit was also a bit noisy, which I thought was unusual for a brand new hotel. Other than these 2 minor issues, I was happy with everything else. The staff I encountered were all very friendly.

I would recommend this property if you are visiting Ottawa. It is a bit out of the way though as it is not downtown but if you have a car, downtown isn't far away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IzzyEdmonton
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Many thank you's for taking the time to share your encounter of our new, Ottawa hotel, Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa East. You highlighted many of our guest room features that truly enable us to provide a unique and memorable experience. So you know for future stays, we do provide safety deposit boxes at the front desk where you can keep your valuables. You're right, we're not too far away from downtown, between just 2 and 5 km depending where you'd like to end up and a mere $10 by taxi. Again, many thanks for your time and look forward to having you with us in the future.
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel, nice, clean rooms and friendly staff. Staff allowed us to check in early and we had a beautiful, large room. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We also tried the bistro downstairs for dinner and breakfast and although the menu was small, the food was delicious and service was prompt.

There was no charge for parking and the highway was nearby. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nichole A
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Courtyard is the best one I have ever stayed at (and I have Elite status at Marriott so I have a lot to compare with)! The rooms are huge, the bathrooms are massive and have a separate tub and shower. The property is maintained extremely well, the staff is very courteous and parking is free. Its 5 minutes to downtown Ottawa so if you are going to rent a car definitely stay here!

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights last week and loved it!! The rooms are very spacious and well equipped and the staff were all very friendly both at the front desk and housekeeping out on the floor. The pool which is located on the top floor was very nice, great temperature and offered views across the city. Although the location is not right downtown, it took only a few minutes to get almost anywere we wanted to go and just down the road was a great mall and choice of restaurants. The complimentary parking is also a huge bonus as my last trip to Ottawa we stayed at the Courtyard downtown and paid extra for parking. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again. This will be my choice whenever we visit the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed here twice and it is my preferred spot in Ottawa, Nice safe underground parking, Bistro on site, pleasant staff and perfect rooms. All the latest TV etc. I wonmt stay anywhere else in Ottawa.

Room Tip: higher floors are quiet
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. It has a large baseball stadium next door where the Ottawa Fat Cats play. You can usually see some type of ball being played here most nights during the baseball season; very good little league ball being played there. The hotel is very clean, has a great view from the upper floors as well. I would recommend this hotel easily.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trevor P
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your comments regarding our Ottawa hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa East. We take pride in it's location, views and cleanliness - our housekeeping staff is amazing!
Hope to see you again soon!
Wpb Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week.
The employees were friendly and very helpful.
Free parking was a plus.
I left the hotel and was almost at the airport when I realized I left my camera battery and charger in the room. I called and the person who answered the phone said he would look. He found it and had it at the front desk when I came back. This was very important due to me making the flight and saving time coming back to the hotel

The only issue was the parking since it is shared by the convention center and Hampton inn. When I came back from my job there were so many cars coming out I had a issue getting to the parking area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to provide comments regarding your experience at our new Ottawa hotel. We are grateful for the amazing staff we have and recognize the value of our complimentary parking. There are times of day, depending on the event in our conference centre whereby cars depart at the same time when a conference ends. It may take a little longer to leave during these times.
Again, thank you for your time and we hope that you will join us again!